Solangelo Sick-Fic

Solangelo sick fic

"Tickle in my throat."

Nico's P.O.V

The warm weather usually kept the germs at bay, but somehow I had come down with something. It had started with a tickle in my throat, but as the days wore on it grew into a full blown illness.

*one week earlier*

"Hey Nico, haven't seen you around the infirmary lately, how're you holding up?"

I turned to see the ever-cheery face of Will Solace. He had his usual orange camp shirt on, paired with some light blue jeans, making him look like the poster child for summer camps around the world. The only difference was the demigodly powers and whatnot.

After I'd almost dissolved into shadows, I'd spent a lot of time around the boy as he made sure my health was improving. We'd grown closer than I cared to admit, but neither of us had ever tried to go further in our relationship, so for now we were just friends.

"I'm fine, my throat's a little sore, but it'll probably go away on its own without the help of ambrosia." I saw him raise his eyebrows at me statement. "It's not even that sore, I swear."

Will took a step closer before directing me to open wide. "I just want to check."

"What?" I stepped backwards. "Right here?"

"Yes, here." He stepped forward again. "Like I said before, you haven't been in the infirmary for a while, so I figured you wouldn't come back there for me to give you a check up." He looked a little hurt that I hadn't come to see him.

I had my reasons for not wanting to spend time at the infirmary, but they were more to do with the white walls and acidic smell, and less to do with the boy standing in front of me. "That place gives me the creeps."

"The bright infirmary gives you the creeps?" He put his hand on my arm. "Neeks, your cabin looks like Dracula's summer home."

I felt myself flush as his skin made contact with mine, and turned away to hide my face. "I'm the son of Hades, I'm allowed to like the dark."

"But you spend a lot of time in Jason's cabin, and it has a huge skylight!" Will retorted taking his hand off me to put on his hips.

I was about to reply, when the tickle in my throat made itself known by producing a small cough. I looked at Will's concerned face and waved off his worries. "I'm fine, seriously."

Will looked at me for a few more seconds before replying. "If you're sure... If it gets any worse, you have to come find me, alright?"

I agreed, before watching him walk back towards the infirmary.

*Present time*

"I told you to come find me if it got any worse!" Will's words woke me out of my slumber.

In my sickness-induced daze, his words had come out slightly slurred. "Huh?"

"You're sick! You should have come to me as soon as your cold got worse!" Will sat down on the bed beside me gently before peeling my covers off carefully. "Let's get you up so I can give you a check over." He helped me into a sitting position.

"Are you checking me out?" I asked, trying to clarify but ending up sounding flirty.

Will's cheeks turned red faster than Apollo could think of a haiku. "Well, technically I am, but it's for medical reasons."

All of the cold medicine I'd taken caught up to me and made me speak without thinking. "If I wasn't sick, would you still be checking me out?"

"Uh..." Will muttered as I struggled to pull my sweat filled shirt off of me. "I.."

I finally got the shirt off and flung it in the general direction of my laundry bin. "Is it just me, or is it hot in here?"

Will's blush grew. "No, you're just hot."

"You think I'm hot?" I asked, my eyebrows shooting for the sky.

Will put his hand on my forehead before pulling it of quickly. "Yes, you most definitely have a fever."

"Oh, so you don't find me attractive?" I asked, feeling rejected.

Will put his hand on my shoulder. "I never said that..." He looked into my eyes before getting up. "I'm going to get you a new shirt, is that okay?"

"Yeah, that'd be good." I replied, trying to think through his response in my messed up mind.

Will came back with the only bright coloured shirt I owned. It was my camp halfblood shirt I'd gotten when I'd first come to camp. "I didn't know you kept this!"

"You'd be surprised how many things you don't know about me." I grinned, my feelings bubbling out of me before I could stop them.

Will raised his eyebrow, but it was more out of amusement than anything. "Well, why don't you enlighten me then?"

I crawled towards him as he held my shirt out to me with the intent of answering him . Instead of stopping to put my shirt on, I kept going forward and ended up wrapping my arms around Will to keep my balance. "Thanks, I would have fallen if you hadn't been there."

"I guess I'll have to stay around you then to keep you from falling." Will's grin stretched wide as he helped me into my new shirt, before helping me back into bed.

As I settled back into my covers, my eyes began to slip shut. The last thing I saw was the fond look in Will's eyes,

~~~~~~~~~~~

I tried to make it flirty, but as I'm a socially awkward turtle, it was kinda hard. :P

Leave me a comment if you want me to write you a one-shot of your choice! :)

Thanks for reading and don't forget to smile! -Tianne :3