8 ~ Overprotective

' = Thoughts

*1st Person*

I sat up slowly and opened my eyes tiredly. Looking over to my left Popee was there still sleeping soundly in a tank top and sweatpants. ' how can he sleep like that? I mean it does get kinda cold at night but still..'

I slowly got up and looked for my practice suit. Today is another practice day but I'm going to be doing two acts in one. Tightrope walking and balancing, but- with knifes. Although we had a show yesterday we can't just not practice, plus I'm still not as talented as my tsundere boy.

I picked up my training suit and quickly changed into it. Popee started waking up and looked over to me "Good morning kitten." His voice sounded so tired, my face slightly got red once I realized what he called me. "Good morning bunny" I spoke quietly, my voice still in sleep mode. Popee stood up and started get dressed.

I waited for him by the tent entrance, just patiently watching him put his hair in the right place to put on his hood. "What's wrong? Why are you staring at me?" Popee looked over at me with his head slightly tilted and a confused look on his face.

I shook out of my daze, "oh, nothing, sorry I was just admiring how cute you were~" I walked out of the tent but caught a glimpse of his reddened face. I smiled to myself and walked towards the tightrope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay now just balance the knives on the centers of your palms, blade upwards to the sky. Then just walk across the rope." Popee explained to me while looking up to me. The rope was at medium height, it's not a giant gap but it would still hurt to fall.

I started walking slowly while balancing both of the knives on my palms. I kept my concentration on walking on the tightrope as hard as I could, I really did not want to fall today. I walked to the halfway point with out a problem, but as I tried to switch some of my concentration to keep the knives right-

I slipped off the rope.

I slowly opened my eyes, I hissed at the pain throbbing in my head and the light pouring into my vision. I tried to bring my hand to my head but something kept it down, I looked over and saw Popee holding it tightly as him shouting entered my hearing.

"GO GET SUPPLIES KEDA NOW HURRY BEFORE I USE YOU AS TARGET PRACTICE" Popee shouted with his head turned away from me. I realized I was laying on his lap, his other arm was under my head. He looked back to me with such a frantic and worried look on his face.

His eyes got wider "Thank god you're conscious, holy shit I was so worried"  Popee said kind of fast but slow enough for me to understand. I looked down at myself and saw some shallow cuts on my arms that were bleeding slowly, I guess the knives cut me on the way down. Popee saw me looking.

Keda came rushing back with the medical supplies and sat down, starting to move towards me, Popee stopped him. "I got it, don't touch her, I know what to do" Popee spoke quickly taking the supplies from Keda. He carefully moved me off him onto the ground then started to clean and patch up the wounds. I hissed slightly from the pain of the cleaning but it wasn't that bad.

"Are you okay Y/N?" Keda said softly, sitting on the other side of me. I nodded slowly "Don't make her talk till she's better Keda." Popee said while tending to me, he sounded slightly irritated. Keda looked at him then at me, his mask changed to a 'sorry' expression. I couldn't gather much of what was happening, I felt so tired.

I slowly started drifting into a sleep, I couldn't keep my eyes open.