9 ~ Soft Side

' = Thoughts

*1st Person*

I awoken slowly to a dim lamp lit and a stripped tent ceiling. I tried to sit up but got gently pushed back down. "Hey hey take it easy Y/N, you're still not fully healed or well" I looked over to Popee, he looked like a stressed, worry filled mess.

His hair was a mess and he was in a white T-shirt with gray sweatpants. His eyes looked bloodshot and tired. I groaned softly, putting a hand to my head, while laying back down slowly. "Here take these, it's for your head" Popee handed me 2 pills and a bottle of water. I took them and swallowed the pills with the given water, he took the water and placed it beside the bed.

Popee took ahold of my hand, "You made me panic you know, I was so worried it was worse then this" his eyes looked so soft with concern. I cleared my throat "I'm sorry, I thought I could've transferred some of my concentration towards the knives to keep them from falling. But I took a fall instead," I laughed gently and ended up coughing a tiny bit.

Popee put his hand to my cheek "You have to be more careful kitten, this is very dangerous, I don't wanna risk losing you." This was so different then the usual, angry and tsundere bunny boy I was used too. He seemed so concerned and..loving.

"Maybe we should just keep you to the trapeze act, or just straight tightrope walking. I don't know, I just don't want you doing something that could kill you. My stupid father shouldn't have tried to make you do this, he should've considered that you needed more time and experience. You aren't like me and Keda. How does he not realize." Popee started to look frustrated, he stared at the ground, clutching onto my hand that was holding his.

'He's so upset..over my own doubts? Something I failed to do? I never thought he'd care this much..' I took my hand out of his and grabbed his chin lightly. I made him look me in my eyes gently "Hey listen, it's okay bunny. It was my fault, I should've payed more attention to what I needed to focus on. I'm okay, okay baby?"

Popee's eyes softened, he gently put his forehead against mine and closed his eyes. "Okay kitty, just..don't leave me. I don't get this pleasant feeling for you but I don't want it to leave. I don't want you to go, ever. You belong here. This is home."

I shut my eyes and leaned against his forehead, my eyes slowly let warm tears fall down my cheeks. Popee grabbed both my hands and rubbed them softly, relaxing his tensed muscles. "This is home bunny, I'm not leaving. Ever. I love you."
"I love you so much more Y/N"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi sorry this is so short, j just wanted to get this out before i forgot and forgot the idea 😅 I hope this will suffice for now 🖤