𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

ten o'clock rolled around quickly and éowyn made mindy sleep in rick's dorm so her and scooter could discuss their plan. they only people who knew they were going to be fake dating was mindy and rick, considering they are both of their best friends.

      éowyn was listening to f.n.t. by semisonic when she heard someone knock on her dorm room door. she paused her music and walked over to the door. she opened it and saw scooter on the other side, waiting for her. she gestured for him to come in. he walked in and sat on her bed while she sat next to him.

      "ok, so how are we going to pull this off?" scooter asked. éowyn had been thinking about how they were going to make things work and make it believable. 

      "what i was thinking is that when we are in public, we have to act like a couple. you know, not too much pda, but enough to make it seem believable. we need to hold hands, hug, and occasionally kiss. not make out. kiss. we also need to get to know each other better, so quality time. is that okay with you? if you don't want to do this you don't have to," éowyn explained to scooter. 

      "i'm good with the terms. i think we should also have, like, nicknames for each other. is that alright, love?" scooter asked with a smirk. éowyn smiled back at him and bit her lip.

      "of course, babe," she smirked back. 

      "since we have the room to ourselves tonight, what do you want to do?" scooter asked. he knew they were by themselves because he had seen mindy with rick before he left. scooter was glad he wasn't staying in his own room that night.

      "we can watch our favorite movies?" éowyn suggested. she really wanted to watch 10 things i hate about you and this was the perfect excuse.

      "sure. you can pick the first movie and then afterwards i will pick one," scooter told her. she smiled at him brightly, happy he agreed watch movies with her. she thought it would be a good bonding experience.

      "let's watch 10 things i hate about you. have you ever seen it?" she asked him while turning on the tv in her room. she grabbed the remote and opened up disney +.

      "nope, but i have heard mindy talk about it before. she said something about a guy named cameron and him being hot," scooter explained, confused. éowyn let out a loud laugh. she knew mindy had a huge crush on him and so did she.

      "he is pretty cute," éowyn admitted. scooter raised an eyebrow.

      "aren't we supposed to be dating. you can't say things like that to me. i'm going to get jealous," scooter said, holding a hand over his heart.

      "i think this whole fake dating thing will be super easy. we can fake break up after and then stay friends. sound like a deal?" éowyn asked, sticking out her hand for him to shake. he looked at her, then back down to her hand before placing his in it.

      éowyn pressed play on the movie and they began to watch it. they did not really speak for the entirety of the movie. both of them were too focused on the events happening in the movie. the silence was broken when the part where kat read her poem out to the class came on.

      éowyn looked away and said, "i can't watch. it's too sad. i always fucking cry during this part." scooter laughed at the girl and continued to watch the movie. he would have been lying if he said he did not tear up while listening to kat cry. the movie ended and éowyn clapped lightly.

      "next movie!" she exclaimed while handing the remote to scooter. he had already picked out a movie. he moved to netflix and turned on coraline. 

      "no fucking way! i love this movie!" éowyn practically yelled. scooter laughed and they continued to watch the movie. they both sat upright on éowyn's bed, neither of them wanting  to interrupt the movie. once the movie was over, they both agreed to just ask each other questions about one another.

      "what is your favorite color?" éowyn asked. scooter laughed at the question. he thought it was a stupid question, but answered anyways.

      "hm, i think red, but orange is a close second. i like warm colors," scooter explained. éowyn nodded her head. this detail about scooter did not shock her at all considering the only color he is ever seen in his red. him and rick never take off their varsity jackets, ever. she thought it was stupid, but would never actually say anything to either of them.

      "mine is definitely a dark, forest green. i'm more into the colder colors. i love the whole foggy forest aesthetic. it's so pretty," she explained. scooter raised his eyebrows at the girl's response. he thought she was going to say pink, but she surprised him with green.

      "what are your favorite music artists? be completely truthful, no matter how stupid you may think it is," scooter told the girl. she thought about it for a moment. she had so many that it was nearly impossible for her to narrow it down to just a few.

      "i would say the neighbourhood, fleetwood mac, paramore, and, uhm, veruca salt. what about you?" she asked him. scooter was pleased with her answer. the answers she was giving him were completely different than what he had been expecting.

      "oh, for sure arctic monkeys, nirvana, the neighbourhood, and kings of leon," scooter answered. the girl sitting across from him nodded her head in agreement. she had to admit that his words were surprising to her as well.

      "i do believe that this whole fake dating shit is going to work out extremely well if we continue to have things in common, kind sir," éowyn joked.

      "that reminds me, tomorrow i want you wearing one of my jerseys at the game. i think it would be the perfect opportunity to announce our relationship to madison and everyone else," scooter explained.

      "that is the perfect idea. drop it off here before you go to the rink. if i'm not in here, mindy definitely will be, so she can hold it for me. i'm so excited to see the look on madison's face when she sees the jersey. god, she's going to be so jealous. i have killed for the day where i finally got back at her," éowyn squealed. scooter laughed at her excitement. he really did believe that they would be good friends.

      "ok, well i should get some sleep, so i can actually do well at the game and you won't look like the idiot wearing a loser's jersey. is it okay if i crash on mindy's bed? i really don't want to go back to my dorm after they've had sex," scooter snickered. éowyn laughed, knowing that would be terrifying to see.

      "sure. i'm sure she won't mind, but only because it is just you. if it was anyone else, she would probably throw you out the fucking window," éowyn said while giving him one of her pillows, and putting mindy's off to the side. 

      "i'll be right back. i just need to get changed," éowyn said before disappearing into the bathroom to change into clothes for suitable for sleep. she came back out wearing a tank top and short shorts. scooter stared at her, taking notice of every little part of her body.

      "scooter? hello?" éowyn said while waving to him. he snapped out of his trance and felt a faint blush form on his cheeks. he nodded his head in acknowledgement.

      "i asked if you needed anything else before i went to bed," she explained.

      "no, i'm fine, but thanks," scooter sad before laying into mindy's bed and pulling the blankets over top of him. he faced éowyn's bed and watched as she climbed in and turned out the lights.

      "goodnight, scooter," éowyn yawned. 

      "goodnight, éowyn," scooter said before drifting off to sleep.

author's note:

why the actual fuck was this so hard for me to write. also the reason i mentioned 10 things i hate about you was because i just watched it before i wrote this hahahaha. anyways, bye <3