𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

éowyn's parent were the perfect example of parents who neglect their children. all they cared about were her grades. as long as she had good grades, they didn't talk to her. they supplied her with money and paid for her education, but that was about it when it came to "loving" her.

      her parents were also extremely busy most of the time. éowyn's dad was the ceo of some company and her mom was always with him at his office. they were always on business trips and whatnot. éowyn didn't hate her parents, but she didn't talk to them enough to love them. so when they called her that day, it was extremely weird

      "hello?" éowyn asked while furrowing her eyebrows. she held her phone up to her ear and listened for a response from her parents. scooter, who was waiting for her to be finished so they could head to class, sat on her bed and watched as she talked on the phone.

      "hi, sweetie," her mother responded in a fake sweet voice.

      "hi, mom. what are you calling about?" éowyn asked. she was extremely confused as to why her mom would have been calling her.

      "i just wanted to let you know that your father and i just bought a vacation house out in hawaii! we are going to be staying there for a little while, so the house in minnesota is all yours for a couple months. please do not throw any parties while we are gone," her mother explained. she sounded extremely excited about the house in hawaii.

      "oh, uhm, okay. i mean i'm at school right now, so i don't think i will be there often. is amy still going to come every week?" éowyn questioned. amy was the house cleaner. she came every tuesday to help with the house.

      "of course. okay, well, i have to go. your father and i have a business deal to take care of. i will talk to you later, sweetie. goodbye," her mother said. éowyn was about to respond, but her mother had hung up before she had the chance to. éowyn rolled her eyes.

      "what was that about?" scooter asked. she jumped in response, completely forgetting that he was in her room. he laughed at the girl who's heart was racing.

      "just my parents telling me they will be gone for months," éowyn scoffed. scooter furrowed his eyebrows at the annoyed look on the girl's face. he was extremely close with his parents, so he was confused as to why she wasn't upset.

      "i'm confused," he admitted. 

      "my parents are always away. i don't really care that much, but they have not called me in like a month and the one time they do call, they are telling me that they are leaving for months. i mean, i do get the house to myself which is great, but still," she shrugged. scooter nodded his head.

      "let's go. we are going to be late for class," éowyn said before taking his arm and dragging scooter out the door and to their first class of the day.

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───