𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

scooter and éowyn ignored the events that had happened and the party and decided to pretend they never happened. they proceeded to go through their normal routine of faking their relationship during school and then hanging out after school. 

      éowyn decided to stay the following weekend after the party at her house with scooter, mindy, and rick. her house was huge (house at top), so they all were able to stay in their own rooms and éowyn was an only child, so they didn't have to worry about anyone else being home. 

      "ok, so, i'm going to order some pizza and stuff to eat and after we can do something," éowyn announced to the group who all sat in the living room. she got the number of a random pizza place near her house and called them. she didn't know what kind of pizza everyone wanted so she just got two large plains.

      she wanted to make cookies with everyone later, so after she ordered the pizza, she looked up a recipe for chocolate chip cookies and checked her cabinets for all of the ingredients. luckily, she had enough of everything, so she didn't have to run to the store.

      she was about to walk into the living room when she heard the doorbell ring. she quickly grabbed her wallet and walked over to the door. she opened it and saw callan standing there, holding her boxes. as soon as callan saw her, his face grew a creepy smile and he looked down at her.

      "well this is a surprise. how are you, éowyn?" he asked weirdly. éowyn didn't like the way he was looking at her. it creeped her out and made her squirm a little. callan seemed to notice this because his smile seemed to get even bigger.

      "hi, callan," she began, "how much for the food?" 

      "since you were the one ordering, it's on me," he said with a smirk. that made her even more weirded out. she had enough money to pay for her food and letting him pay would be like inviting him to try to talk to her more.

      "uhm, you really don't have to do that. i have my wallet right here. i can pay," she told him kindly. the last thing she had wanted to do was make him angry. she had no idea what kind of person he was.

      "i insist. it's the least i can do, you know, since you gave me your number and all," he explained.

      "i don't understand. how can does that amount for paying for my pizzas?" éowyn was extremely confused. 

      "you might not get it now, but you will later. don't worry your pretty little head too much," callan said. she was flattered he thought she was pretty, but she still though he was extremely fucking creepy.

      "ok, well, thank you, callan for the pizzas. i will probably see you somewhere again. bye," éowyn said while grabbing her pizzas and placing them on the table by the front door. 

      "goodbye, éowyn," he waved back, watching as she closed the door on him. she grabbed the pizzas and walked into the living room where her best friends all sat. she placed the pizza on the coffee table in the middle of the room and grabbed everyone plates.

      "hey, what took you so long at the door? you were gone for a long time," scooter wondered aloud. mindy and rick looked at the girl as well, wondering the same thing.

      "fucking callan was the delivery dude. he started talking to me and paid for the pizzas. he said it was because i gave him my number or something. i don't know. he was creeping me out. the guy is weird," she explained. she watched scooter's face drop to an angry expression.

      "did he try anything?" scooter asked a little too calmly. éowyn looked at him for a moment and just stared. was he always this fucking hot? she wondered to herself.     

      after a moment of the two staring at one another, she responded, "no he didn't, thank god. but, he did call my head pretty, whatever the fuck that means." she rolled her eyes and looked at scooter. he still seemed angry, but also annoyed. éowyn knew the motions weren't towards herself, but at callan. she completely understood scooter's hatred towards the boy.

      "ok, let's watch a movie," mindy said while grabbing the remote on the table. she turned on the tv and put on annabelle. éowyn smiled and looked to mindy who was smiling back at her.

      "why the fuck are we watching a movie about creepy dolls?" scooter asked nervously. 

      "why? are you scared?" éowyn asked in a way that one would talk to a child. scooter glared at the girl sitting next him.

      "no, but dolls are fucking creepy. i don't want anything to do with possessed dolls. no thank you. i'll pass," scooter said, standing up to leave, but éowyn grabbed arm and pulled him back down next to her. 

      "you are staying to watch and that is final," she demanded. scooter tried to resist, but she didn't budge. eventually he stopped fighting her and relaxed, watching the movie.

      when one of the scary parts came on, scooter dug his face into éowyn's neck. she let out a small laugh and then ran her hands through his hair, playing with the ends. he let out a hum of agreement and looked up towards the girl. he sent her a bright smile and she returned it. he then buried his head back into her neck and took a deep breath, the smell of coconut and vanilla hitting his nose.

      the two stayed like that for the rest of the movie, relaxed. éowyn couldn't help but want to stay like that forever. her and scooter to just simply enjoy each other's presence. for her, there didn't need to be any talking for her to enjoy being with someone.

      "okay, let's make cookies!" éowyn exclaimed, trying to get off the couch. the movie had ended and it was about nine o'clock at night. she tried to get up, but scooter grabbed her waist and pulled her back onto the couch. she let out a little yelp out of surprise.

      "stay," he mumbled into the fabric of her shirt. mindy and rick smirked at each other and walked into the kitchen. éowyn looked at them for help, but they shook their heads. she grabbed the sides of his face and lifted his head up, so their eyes met.

      "can you please get up so we can make cookies?" éowyn asked with puppy dog eyes. whenever she gave anyone those eyes, it was hard to resist. she had her way of making people do what she wanted. there was a long moment of silence before scooter sighed and hugged éowyn, burying his face into her chest.

      "fine, but one more minute. you smell good," he mumbled. éowyn could feel herself blush and the butterflies swarm in her stomach. one of the best compliments, in her opinion, was someone telling her that she smelled good. she ran her fingers back through his hair and kissed the top of his head in a "friendly" gesture. that is at least what she had been telling herself.

author's note:

I AM SO SORRY I HAVE NOT POSTED A NEW CHAPTER IN LIKE 3 DAYS! i have been so busy with random stuff and i finally had a little bit of time today to finish writing this chapter. i started it yesterday, but it was my last day of school and a bunch of my friends came over and stayed until like 2 am and then today i had to get passport photos and then i had practice and i was finishing uploading a yt video. i just had enough time to finish this chapter thank god. anyways, bye <3