𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

scooter's alarm blared through the small dorm room at nine o'clock on the sunny saturday morning. éowyn groaned a rolled over on her bed.

      "scooter, please turn that shit off. i'm tired," she complained. he grunted in response and she heard him shuffle around on mindy's bed. scooter hit the off button on the alarm and got up from mindy's bed. he grabbed éowyn's pillow and threw it at her.

      "come on. get up. i have a game to win and you have a game to watch, so let's get moving," scooter noted. éowyn made no move to get up, pretending to fall back asleep. she was perfectly content until she felt a hand grasp her ankle and pull her off the bed. she landed onto the floor with a thud.

      "damn it, scooter. you probably bruised my ass," éowyn whined. scooter laughed at her before grabbing his stuff. he made mindy's bed and checked over the room once more, making sure he didn't forget anything.

       "i will be back to give you the jersey in about two hours from now. please, be on time for this game," scooter pleaded. éowyn picked herself off the floor and fixed her shorts and hair.

      "don't worry, scooter. i know how important this is and i will be ready. i pinky promise," éowyn exclaimed while holding out her pinky finger for him to shake. he just stared at her finger, confused.

      "what do you want me to do? i'm confused," scooter asked. she rolled her eyes and grabbed his hand. she picked up his pinky and wrapped it around hers. 

      "that is a pinky promise. i have never broken a pinky promise and i never intend to. if i pinky promise with you, that means i mean it. ask mindy. she will tell you," éowyn explained to scooter. he thought about it for a moment and briefly remembered her and mindy doing it at lunch one time. he thought it was just some weird, girl thing.

      "ok, i trust you. i will see you later, love," scooter teased. éowyn grinned at the boy in front of her and pushed him by his chest out the door.

      "goodbye, babe," she waved and then shut the door in his face. she heard him laugh on the other side before he retreated back to his shared dorm with rick. a couple minutes passed, then mindy entered the dorm, looking tired and wearing one of rick's sweatshirts. éowyn curled her lips up, knowing they had sex.

      "good morning, sunshine!" she exclaimed to mindy who basically growled at éowyn. mindy walked over to her bed and flopped down face first onto the bed. éowyn laughed as mindy groaned loudly.

      "aw man. scooter made my sheets smells like cologne. he uses a different kind than rick and i do not like it," mindy mumbled into the mattress. éowyn walked over to mindy's bed and smelled the sheets. she immediately got a whiff of scooter's cologne. she took another deep breath of the smell. mindy was not a fan of his cologne, but éowyn was. 

      "speaking of scooter, did he agree to fake date?" mindy asked while sitting up from the bed.

      "yes, he did. you and i both going to the hockey game tonight. he is giving me his jersey to wear and we are going to announce that we are together," éowyn explained to her best friend who had a bright smile on her face.

      "i think this will be extremely good for the both of you. madison is a bitch. i really cannot wait to see the look on her face when she sees you two kiss," mindy exclaimed. éowyn's eyes widened. she didn't say anything about a kiss and wasn't intending to kiss him.

      "kiss? who said anything about a kiss?" she asked frantically. she wasn't prepared to kiss scooter and she knew he wasn't ready to kiss her either.