𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

sunday passed quickly and before éowyn knew it, she was sitting in first period, listening as the teacher droned on about some random misogynistic man from the 1800s at eight in the morning. 

      éowyn hated her history teacher, mr. potts. he was the epitome of an old, misogynistic, white male who believed that the color of your skin and amount of money you had determined your worth. the amount of times éowyn had had to tell him off during class for saying something either racist, misogynistic, or downright stupid  was astronomical. 

      most of the boys who were similar to mr. potts hated her along with mr. potts himself. mr. potts had tried to find every way to fail the girl, but it never worked. éowyn always made sure everything she did in that class was to perfection. she did that with every class, but mostly with his. 

      next to éowyn, sat scooter. the only good thing about mr. potts was that he let the kids sit wherever they wanted. he was one of the only teachers at eden hall who had allowed it. scooter hated mr. potts almost as much as éowyn did. scooter, ebing the king he was, hated him for the way he treated others, especially for the way he treated éowyn.

      even a blind person could tell that potts had it out for the poor girl. scooter didn't like that, but there was nothing he could really do. scooter couldn't get suspended or in serious trouble or else he would be kicked off the hockey team. hockey was scooter's life, so being kicked off would crush him.

      luckily, after mr. potts droned on and on for about thirty minutes, he played a video and went to take a nap in his seat. the man was probably about sixty years old with a million heart conditions, so it made sense.

      as soon as the video had started, scooter leaned over his desk, towards éowyn and whispered, "hey! do you want to come to the game tonight, love? it's an away game, but coach said you and mindy can ride on the bus with us. we have more than enough room." éowyn turned her head to look at him, noticing how close he had been to her. she felt her stomach flutter and was confused. she didn't know why scooter had been making her feel so flustered so much. they were only fake dating after all.

      when she realized she had been staring at him for too long, she whispered back, "i would love to, babe. what time do i need to be ready at?" scooter leaned closer and she could feel his warm breath fan her skin. her cheeks flushed and she scolded herself mentally for having that reaction to him simply being close. he's just a friend and i would have this reaction if any male who was attractive got this close, éowyn told herself.

      "i'll be at your dorm at three. we are leaving at around three-twenty. please be ready. i cannot be late," he whispered. she smiled at him and stuck out her pinky finger. he grinned back at the girl and hooked his finger with hers and shook them. the bell rang and éowyn stood up, adjusting her shirt in the process (outfit at top), and walked with scooter out of the classroom. the rest of the day continued along as normal, the couple getting glares from madison.

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

      éowyn and scooter walked onto the bus and sat next to one another, mindy and rick sitting across from them in the other row. éowyn wore scooter's jersey as she normally did when she went to his games. she sat next to the window and watched as the bus pulled out of the parking lot. 

      "do you want to play sticks?" éowyn asked while whipping her head around to meet scooter's eyes. he grinned and put his fingers out. they continued to play sticks for the entirety of the bus ride. scooter was dominating éowyn. she didn't win a single game during the thirty minute bus ride to the blake school where eden hall was playing.

      éowyn and scooter parted ways and mindy and her took their seats in the stands. they were one of the only eden hall kids there since the game was an away game. éowyn watched as her "boyfriend" and his team warmed up on the ice. 

      the game had started and the warriors were playing well, especially scooter. he didn't let a single goal get through. she was cheering for scooter when she felt a chill go down her spine. she looked around and saw number fifty-four from the bears watching her. éowyn did not enjoy the feeling he was giving her, so she glared at him, making him laugh and turn away.

      éowyn was too far away to see the guy's face, but she knew that she knew him somehow. she thought that it could possibly be callon, but he didn't exactly look like a hockey player to her. although, she didn't necessarily look at him for that long and didn't try to remember anything about the creepy boy.

      the game ended and the warriors won. éowyn rushed down the steps of the bleachers and straight into scooter's arm. he lifted the girl he now called his best friends into the air. the two felt like their relationship was more like best friends who occasionally kiss in public than fake dating.

      as éowyn buried her face in scooter's neck, breathing his scent, which smelled of pine and firewood, she felt a little tap on her shoulder. she released herself from scooter's hold and turned around to see number fifty-four from he bears behind her. he took off his helmet and she recognized him immediately. it was callan. she was surprised that he had actually came up and talked to her.

      "hey, éowyn. long time no see, huh," callan said weirdly. she felt scooter wrap his arm around her waist and pull her close to him. the butterflies erupted in her stomach once more and éowyn found herself being frustrated with her body and why it had been reacting in the way it had been to scooter's touch.

      "yeah, uh, sure," éowyn fake laughed. she looked up at scooter, silently asking for him to save her. he got the message and stuck his hand out for callan shake.

      "hi, i'm scooter. her boyfriend," scooter said with an extremely fake smile. callan shook scooter's hand and gave him an equally as fake smile. anyone could feel the awkward tension between the trio from a mile away. éowyn met eyes with mindy who was with rick and some of the other warriors. mindy looked to see callan and gave her best friend a sympathetic smile.

      "oh, well, i meet your girlfriend at the lake the other day. she gave me her number and stuff," callan told scooter with a sour smile. he shifted his eyesight to éowyn who looked extremely uncomfortable under his gaze.

      "oh she told me. don't worry, buddy. well, we have to go. nice meeting you," scooter said before taking éowyn's hand and dragging her away from the scary boy who watched with jealousy at their linked hands.

      "holy shit. he really is fucking weird. i swear éowyn if he tries anything, tell me, please," scooter pleaded. éowyn grinned up at him and stuck out her pinky like she had earlier that morning. scooter reached down and hooked his with hers once more. the two continued to walk back to the bus together with their pinkies locked.

author's note:

fleetwood mac and the neighbourhood are superior. also tears of gold by faouzia is one of the best songs i have ever listened to. anyways, bye <3