Getting Closer

Warning: mention of weapons

I arrived at the location and saw Wonho standing in front of what looked like an old mechanic shop. As I approached him, I saw he was wearing a grin.

"Glad you found the place!" He said with a laugh.

"Yeah, um, what is this place?" I asked looking around.

"Come with me and you'll find out." He said. He pressed a button on the wall and the door began to raise slowly. It opened to reveal a car shop with a couple old cars in it.

"This is cool and all, but how is this going to help me?"

"Well you see, this isn't just any old car shop, alright." The door closed all the way and he began walking to the back. "This is where the good stuff is." He flipped a switch and soon the wall turned, revealing a variety of weapons.

I stood there in awe at just how crazy some of this stuff was.

"So... which one's for me?"

He laughed and started explaining the weapons he would give me for the mission.

After a few hours, I gathered my things and left the car shop. Once back at my quarters, I laid down to go to sleep. I was almost fast asleep when the phone rang and I groaned in frustration.

"Hello?" I said trying to control my anger.

"Y/N. It's Chanyeol."

And with that I hung up. The last thing I needed right now was to talk to him and be reminded of that night. I rolled over and closed my eyes, praying I would sleep soon.

Chanyeol POV

I couldn't sleep and wanted to make sure Y/N got back safely. As soon as she knew it was me, she hung up. I flipped back on my bed and sighed, wondering how I could talk to her without her getting grumpy like this. Then it hit me.

Y/N's POV

The next morning I woke up to a knock on my door. I slowly got up and trudged my way to my door. To my surprise, Kai was on the other side.

"Kai. What are you doing here so early?" I asked still half asleep.

"I wanted to talk to you about something. I can come back later if needed."

"No, it's okay."

We made our way to the kitchen and I put on a pot of coffee. Once I had my cup of energy, we sat down at the table.

"So, what's up?"

He took in a deep breath before talking. "Before I say anything, you can't get mad at me, okay?" I nodded and he continued. "I've noticed some distance between you and Chanyeol. Did something happen?"

I leaned back in my chair, upset that he would want to talk about the one thing I didn't want to. "Be honest, did he put you up to this?"

After a slight hesitation, he shook his head. "Yeah. He called and talked to me about it last night. He said he regrets what he did and that he should have never let it happen."

"That's what they all say." I said under my breath. "Look, I appreciate that you care about me and him, but I really can't be thinking about this right now." I stood up and put my empty cup in the sink.

"Y/N this is serious though. If they find out what's going on between you two..."

"They won't and I'll make sure of it." I said confidently. "I don't mean to be rude, but I have to get ready for the day. If you need me, I'll be taking a hot bath."

Once he left, I went to my bathroom and started running some hot water.

Stranger's POV

"Sir! I have some news for you."

"What is it?"

"It seems there are some difficulties going on between the two leaders of the Alliance."

The man in the big chair turned around, now facing who was speaking to him. "What kind of difficulties?" He asked intrigued.

"It seems they aren't in communication, that she might hate him or be angry with him. This could help us, sir."

"How did you find this information?"

"One of my men were at a club and saw her yelling at him."

"Thank you. Is there anything else?"

"No, sir. I will be going now."

"Thank you for the update, Chen."

"Of course, Kyungsoo sir."

Chen bowed and left the room, leaving Kyungsoo and his thoughts. "This is going to be easier than I thought." He menaced.

Y/N POV

Today I planned on meeting with Wonho to continue training and going over the weapons I'll be taking with me. After a few hours of training, we went to the local cafe and got some lunch.

"So, how's Chanyeol doing? Haven't talked to him since the other night." He asked innocently.

"Um... he... him and I aren't on good terms." I admitted as I took a drink.

"Oh. I'm sorry about that. What happened?"

"I'd rather not talk about it to be honest."

He held his hands up showing he understood and changed the subject. "Tomorrow night, before you go out, make sure to meditate and take time to focus like I told you earlier. This is a serious mission that could have serious consequences as you know. Make sure you stay hidden and let no one except me know where you are. You still have the earpiece I gave you the other day, right?" I nodded and he continued. "Good. Do NOT lose it whatsoever. That is your lifeline. I'll be able to track you and talk to you with that."

"I'll do my best to not lose it. I promise." I assured him.

And with that, we said our goodbyes and I went back to quarters to try and sleep before the mission begins.

A/N
Hey guys! I'm sorry this chapter is short. I have been studying for exams but wanted to go ahead and publish another chapter for you guys! After exams, I'll have a lot more time to write and can post longer chapters. Love you all~!
-mads