Nightmare

Warning: language, weapons, some sexual content

I jolted up with a start. I was panting and sweating as I took in my surroundings. Once I recognized my room, I started to calm down and gather myself.

"It was just a dream. It was just a dream." I kept telling myself. "I didn't really go on the mission yet. It was just a dream."

I looked at the clock and say it wasn't even 2 in the morning yet. I sighed and decided to grab a glass of water and head to my office. Well, mine and Chanyeol's office.

As I approached the door, I saw a light come from under the door as well as some strange noises. Instinctively, I reached for my pocket knife to defend myself until I could get to my gun in my desk. I slowly and quietly moved closer to the door and the sounds became more clear. It sounded like moaning. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion at the bizarre sounds.

I cracked the door then slowly opened it. That was a mistake. The sight in front of me was one I could never erase from my mind. Chanyeol was sitting behind his desk with a topless girl on his lap. The girl ended up being a coworker in the mafia.

"Are you fucking kidding me!?!?" I yelled as I threw the knife toward him. I aimed for the wall beside his arm amd succeeded in hitting my target. "This is the last straw. I'm done with you!! After the thing I have to do, I'm leaving this place." I grabbed my papers off my desk and stormed out, slamming the door behind me, not giving him a chance to speak.

I was about to walk up to the enterance to my quarters, I saw Kai leaning against the wall.

"So, you found Chanyeol, huh?" He said.

"You knew?" I ask sadly.

"Yeah." He sighed. "I did everything I could to stop him, to convince him that this would hurt you but he just ignored me and. . . Yeah." He looked almost betrayed as he spoke. "Can I be honest with you?"

"Yeah. Why don't you come in and we can talk."

He agreed and we sat in the living area. I sat on the couch and he in the chair next to it.

"What Chanyeol's doing, it's jeopardizing the plan and it's also tearing apart the workplace. Some people agree that he shouldn't be set on someone and that he should have fun, but others, including myself, think that he shouldn't be doing this and focusing on the task at hand. Plus, you two have, or had, a connection and losing that can really put us in danger. Especially if they find out before the mission tomorrow evening." He let out a deep sigh. "I'm sorry to throw that at you all at once." He chuckled.

"It's okay. I've definitely sensed some tension when walking to and from my office. But I think after this whole thing is settled and over with, I'm done."

He stared at me confused for a moment. "Done? What do you mean? Like, leaving us?"

"Yeah. It's just too much. I like him." I paused before continuing. "I really like him. Hell, I might even love him. But what he's doing hurts me. It hurts me to where I feel physical pain." I couldn't hold back the tears any longer and let them flow down my face. "Kai, I can't work with a man I might love but all he does is hurt me." I sobbed.

Kai came and sat next to me and pulled me into a warm embrace. "Hey, I know it's hard right now, but everything will work out in the end. Okay? I promise." He said while rubbing circles on my back, calming me down some.

"Why did this have to happen?" I asked while sniffling.

"I don't know, but when bad things happen, good things are sure to follow." He smiled.

I nodded and stood up. "It's late, you should get back to bed."

"And you should to. I can talk to Chanyeol tomorrow if you'd like. So focus on the mission. I know it will be successful!" His smile got wider.

"Thanks Kai. And thank you for talking with me." I tried to smile back.

"Anytime! Sleep well, Y/N."

As soon as I heard the door closed, I went back to bed and fell asleep easily since I was tired from all the crying.

Kai's POV

After leaving Y/N's place, I was determined to find Chanyeol. I stomped around until I found him in his office, but without the girl this time. I pushed the door open and walked right to him.

"DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING?! YOU'RE HURTING HER! NOT JUST HER, BUT FHE ENTIRE WORKFORCE, CHAN!!" I yelled with my hands on his desk. I took a deep breath in and smelled alcohol. "Are you drunk?"

He simply nodded with his eyes half closed. "I can't stop thinking about what I did at the club and I need something to get my mind off it." He admitted.

"So you drink and spend the night with girls? It's just like you did back then? Ya know? You're doing exactly what you promised her you wouldn't do! AND IT'S RUINING HER! She wants to leave this hellhole after the mission and, honestly, I don't blame her! You're supposed to be co-leading with her, but right now, it's just her leading this operation. Truthfully, she's doing a hell of a lot better than you. You can't even walk straight let alone lead the mafia! So get your shit together, man up, and get the job done!" And with that, I stormed back out and to my place where I went into a peaceful sleep.

Chanyeol's POV

I sat in my desk chair, processing everything Kai told me. She really wants to leave? Because of me? I kept asking myself that in disbelief. I can't lose the best person to lead the gang and also the best thing to happen to us was her joining. But most importantly, I can't lose the best thing that happened to me. And all I'm doing is pushing her away. I sighed and leaned back in my chair. I wanted to go talk to her, but I knew the best thing to do was giver her space and talk to her after the mission. After a few moments, I stood up and dragged my feet as I went to bed.

A/N
Hey guys!! I bet you weren't expecting it to be a dream, right! Also, I know this chapter is a little on the shorter side, but I didn't know how else to end it without getting too far into what I want to write for the next chapter which will be long!