Distraction

Chanyeol POV

Today was full of meetings to discuss methods of unifying the gang community. Leaders from other gangs were there and we were discussing their ideas on ways to stop what we called the Resistance from murdering innocent people again. I would normally be lost in the ideas and processing what they were saying, but today was different. I couldn't focus on anything. Even getting ready this morning, I put my shoes on the wrong foot, my shirt was on inside out, and I kept spacing out while fixing my attire. That had never happened before and if it affected me y morning routine, the same one I've had since I was old enough to participate in this gang, then I could only imagine what it would do to my work.

Baekhyun was in the middle of proposing his idea when I couldn't take it anymore and excused myself. I went from the meeting room to my office and sat at my desk in an attempt to clear my mind. I tried everything from listening to music to reading to watching videos and nothing worked. After 20 minutes of failure after failure, I decided to call her. She picked up immediately.

"Hello?"

She sounds sleepy. I hope I didn't wake her. "Did I wake you?"

"No. I woke up a couple minutes before you called. What can I help you with, sir?"

"I want to apologize for what I said yesterday in my office. I wasn't thinking and it was inappropriate of me to say. Please disregard that. I don't know what I was thinking." I hoped she had forgotten what I accidentally let slip.

"Okay... I don't remember what you said that you'd want me to... Oh... I remember. Yeah, okay. I'll forget it."

I sighed in relief. "Great! Thank you. Now, breakfast should be ready in the kitchen for you. If not, call and I will get that fixed."

"Kitchen? What kitchen?"

"Kai didn't show you around last night? I thought I told him to. Okay. Get dressed and I will be right there to show you around."

"Okay. I will see you soon."

I hung up and informed the other leaders that something had come up and that I would need to be excused for a while. They said they would fill me in when I got back. I then found Kai and made our way to the former leader's quarters. The only person that knew the code was Kai. He was Mr. Kim's assistant and now he's mine. Because I don't stay in these quarters, I don't know the code in case of intruders. Kai was about to enter in the code when the door opened to reveal Y/N in her pajamas, slippers, and bed head. Even like this, she is still the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. What? NO! Snap out of it Channie. You're the leader. There is no time for love or interests in the opposite sex. You're in a gang. Nothing nor anybody should distract you from your job.

"Kai is the only one who knows the quarters since he was Mr. Kim's assistant so he will be showing you around." I said almost forcing myself to speak as normal as possible as to not seem suspicious.

"Okay. Thank you." She smiled as she normally would.

They walked in and I headed back to the meeting. Thankfully, I made it in time to finish hearing Baekhyun's proposal as well as the other leaders'. Despite all my efforts, I still couldn't get Y/N off my mind and it was starting to upset me.

The meeting ended and I headed strait to my quarters to change into gym clothes and work out until dinner. After eating, I showered and laid down. I couldn't sleep like last night because the image of her was still going through my mind nonstop. Every time I thought of her, she got more and more beautiful and the more I wanted to make her mine. I would be surprised if she would want to date a gang leader or member in that case after all of the information I've told her. She may want to get away from it all and I don't blame her. Besides, I'm not that good of leader. I wished I could be like Mr. Kim. He always knew what to do and the best way to do it. I wish he was here and could help me. The constant thoughts made me tired and I eventually fell asleep.