Chapter 17

Sorry short chapter.

Hawks and Fuyumi sit in Y/n's hospital room, waiting for the young girl to return.

". . . this isn't fair." Fuyumi sighed out. Hawks frowned deepened as he avoided eye contact.

"She has a choice-"

"But none of them are good!" Fuyumi cut Hawks off, anger filling her voice. Hawks wanted to try and put some positivity in
Y/n's choice. But in all honesty, there was nothing positive about this situation.

The two stay in silence.

Suddenly the door opened up and Y/n is seen smiling wide.
"Huh? HAWKS!" Y/n ran to the winged hero and hugged him.

Hawks was taken aback but soon smiled as he hugged back.
"Omg I have soooooo much to tell you!"
Y/n said jumping up and down in excitement.

"Oh? And what might that be?" Hawks asked, ruffling Y/n's hair.

Y/n starts talking about Emma. And the warm feeling she gives her, and about the kiss. About holding hands, and the other kiss. Every time she said Emma's name he could see Y/n's eyes light up.

And his heart broke even more.
"So in short. She's my girlfriend now!"
Y/n finished her story with a giggle.

Hawks gave ber a sad smile as he glanced to Fuyumi who was walking out the door.
He sighed as he looked back to Y/n.

"Look. . . kid, I gotta tell you something."

_

" . . . what?" Y/n's smile had faded into disbelief.

"I'm just saying if you really love Emma, and your friends. You choose the second option." Hawks said.

"Erase their memories!? Why in the hell-"

"Look kid I know that sounds bad. But being under the commissions control drains a lot out of you. Do you really want them to suffer?" Hawks felt like an ass telling Y/n this.

It was either Y/n and her friends suffer or her friends live on not remembering of
Y/n's existence while Y/n suffers. . . alone.

"I. . . I don't know." Y/n hung her head down as tears welled up in her eyes as she clenched the blankets on the bed.

"This. . . this isn't fair." She whimpered.

Yup, it's official. Hawks is an ass.

Hawks frowns as he hugged the kid, trying to comfort her the best he could. But him out of all people know that a hug isn't going to prepare her for the years of pain coming her way.

Y/n had a choice. But none of them will bring her the happy ending her and Emma were hoping for.

Meanwhile with the L.O.V.

The L.O.V. watch in the shadows as they saw Y/n more vanrabl then how she was when she came in the hospital.

They knew that Y/n was hurting, and when a child is full with hurt and anger. It will be more easy for them to get her on their side.

They just need to jump on the right time.