Special chapter with 💖Emma 💖

This is just a side chapter. This goes back in time when Y/n is 8

It was a snowy day. Kids laughing while playing with snow. But a certain orange haired girl that was inside of the elementary building

A girl with H/c hair saw the orange haired girl and decided to approach her
"Emma." The orange haired girl looked over to find her best friend

"Y/n!!" Emma runs to Y/n and hugs her.
"Y/n school is almost over, wanna play together after?" Emma climbed onto Y/n like monkey.
"Yes, I want to show you something"
Y/n let Emma down and gently took her hand into her's.
"Huh, right now?" Emma asked as she walked hand in hand next to Y/n

"Yes, like you said school is almost over so why not leaving now" Y/n said with a blank face as always. Emma smiled
"Ok!"

                                    -

Emma had her eyes closed as Y/n had Emma's hand in hers.
"Y/n, are we there yet?" Emma asked

"Yes we are"

"Huh really?" Emma kept her eyes sealed waiting for Y/n to tell her to open her eyes.
"Yes. You may open your eyes"
Emma opend her eyes. Emma gasped at the sight of the beautiful sun setting.

The two were on a big hill that had a tree on the top. You could see the whole city from there. Emma looked at the view in awe.

Emma looked back at Y/n. She was going to say thank you for showing this to her but saw that Y/n was getting something out of her bag.
"Huh?"

Y/n pulled out a little box that had orange and blue rapping paper on it with a blue ribbon.
"Marry Christmas" Y/n still had her normal blank face on, but Emma could see the warmth in her eyes.
Emma smiled brightly at Y/n and hugged her.

"Emma?" Y/n spoke as she kept Emma in the hug. (Not like Emma was gonna let go anyway)
"Yeah?" Emma looked up to Y/n still having her smile on.
Y/n frowns and looks away from the shinning ball of sunshine.

"You. . . . You wont leave me, right?"
Y/n felt ashamed. Y/n had been friends with Emma and the boys for a good 2 years but she still felt like they were going to leave her behind. And if she were being honest she evan had nightmares about it.

"What?"
Emma didn't expect Y/n of all people to say something like that.
"Heh, Y/n why would you say that?"
Emma's eyes widened as she say Y/n's face that was usually blank now in a painful look.
"So, y-you won't l-leave me?" Y/n was on the verge of crying but kept it in.

Emma frowns and cups Y/n's cheeks and turning Y/n's face to hers.
"Y/n, there is no way I am leaving you. I could never leave you, if you left me. I love you too much to let you go!" Emma buried her face into Y/n's chest hugging her friend tightly.

Y/n's face was red. Y/n felt something wet on her chest. Was Emma. . . . Crying?

"Y/n is my best friend. And I love Y/n too much to let her think that way!"
Emma said as tears feel from her face.

"Right" that was all Y/n said.

Emma stopped her crying and the two sat under the tree. Emma opend her present and was surprised on what she got.

"A knife?" Yes you heard right folks.
Y/n got Emma a knife. But something  cought Emma's eye. It was on the blade.
"Y/n, this is." Emma's face turned into a bright red.

On the blade the words
Love you to the moon and back
Was in carved on it.

Y/n didn't understand what it meant but she did know that you are supposed to say it to someone you love. And Y/n won't admit it but she really loves Emma.

But for Emma. She knew what these words meant. This makes Emma want to be with her even more and never leave her side.

"Do you not like it?" Y/n asked worried that it was not to Emma's liking. Emma just giggled and smiled at Y/n.
"I love it" Emma said

Y/n sighed in relief.
Y/n looked up and see that it was night already. She would have said it was time to go home but got distracted by the stars. Emma looked up to the stars and smiled softly

"Y/n?" Emma looked to her friend. Y/n turned her head back at Emma giving her attention.
"Me, Ray, Norman and Emiko will always follow you. Hero or Villain. We will stick by your side" Emma said.

Y/n eyes widened a little by that statement but went back to normal and nods.
"Thank you." Y/n said and hugged Emma tightly.

Emma started to humm a little lullaby
(I think y'all know what lullaby I'm talking about)

It was so calming. Y/n and Emma stayed under the tree for about 2 more hours then had to go back home.

Emma could never forget this day.
But for some reason Y/n did forget
Why did she forget?

Only the ones responsible know that reason