DANCE

"So, will you go to the dance with me?"

~~_~~

Nene had never been so excited for a school event. Not only was it a dance, she had a date!

The girl hummed as she adjusted her hair. Hanako stared at her.

"H-Hanako-kun, is everything okay?" Nene asked when she caught the ghost staring at her. Hanako blushed and quickly looked away.

"Yeah, you j-just look really . . . nice."

Nene blushed. She finished pulling her hair into two space buns.

"I'm, uh, going to go to the dance now. B-bye, Hanako-kun!" Nene moved for the door. Hanako caught her arm.

"You're, um, still wearing your school uniform. You forgot to put on your dress." He gestured to the piece of amber fabric hanging around her arm. Hanako blushed when he noticed it matched his eyes.

"Yeah, but there's a perverted ghost who would totally peek if I changed in here." Nene crossed her arms over her chest. "So I'm going to change in the main building."

"Hmm, fine. But take this." Nene felt something being placed on her head. When she turned towards the mirror, she saw that she was wearing Hanako's hat.

"U-um, t-thanks H-Hanako-kun," Nene blushed. Then she took off down the hallway. Hanako leaned against the doorframe.

"Oh, Yashiro," he mumbled, laughing quietly.

~~_~~

When Nene arrived at the dance in full regale, a horrible sight greeted her.

There stood Asuka Akimitsu, the upperclassmen who had asked her to the dance. He was currently locked in a long make-out session with a different student.

Nene froze and stared at the sight, her breath catching in her chest. She felt her heart shatter into a million different pieces.

And, just as quickly as she had entered, she excited the dance.

Nene wasn't conscious of her legs moving, but she was suddenly back in the girls bathroom, crumpled on her knees, sobbing, leaning against the wall.

"Yashiro?!" Hanako quickly embraced his assistant. "What happened?"

But he didn't need to ask. Hanako had known that Asuka planned on cheating on Nene. Hanako had heard him talking to his friends.

Nene pushed up the hat that kept sliding down her forehead. It was too big on her, but she couldn't find the will to take it off.

"Oh, Yashiro, tell me what happened." Hanako made slow circles on her back, holding his assistant as she cried.

When Nene didn't respond, Hanako quickly picked her up bridal-style. She held onto his gakuran, pressing her face into it.

A few minutes later, Hanako put Nene down. She hadn't realised that he had been walking. But now, they were both on the roof.

"Hanako-kun . . ." Nene looked around.

A plaid picnic blanket, plates of food, and . . . candles?

The blood quickly raced to Nene's cheeks.

"H-Hanako-kun, is t-this a d-date?" Hanako sat down next to Nene on the blanket.

"W-well, I thought you might need a pick-me-up after all that." Hanako blushed and looked away.

"But this must have taken a while to set up . . ." Nene stared at the ghost. Hanako wouldn't look at her. "Hanako-kun, did y-you know--

"I heard that guy talking to his friends about you earlier. The whole thing was a prank, Yashiro."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Hanako didn't answer. Nene started sobbing again. "H-Hanako-kun, you're such a--"

Nene squeaked when she was pushed over and pinned to the ground. Hanako's eyes were dark as he trapped his assistant in a kabedon.

"Would you have believed me even if I'd told you?" he asked harshly. Nene was so shocked that she stopped sobbing.

"N-no, probably n-not--"

"And would it have changed anything?"

"N-no--"

"So don't blame me for that!"

Hanako crashed his lips into Nene's before she could say anything. Nene squeaked at the sudden movement.

When Hanako pulled away, Nene was flushed and breathing heavily.

It took Hanako a minute to realize what had just happened.

"Oh, Yashiro, s-sorry." He quickly leaned back and away from the girl. Nene stared at him as the ghost gazed out and over the schoolyard. He didn't look at her.

"Thanks."

Hanako jumped slightly. "Hmm?"

"I s-said, thank you."

"For what?" he asked. Nene laughed quietly.

"For giving me my first kiss. Plus, it wasn't initiated by me." Nene blushed.

"Yashiro, can I tell you something?" Hanako asked. When Nene nodded, the ghost took her hands in his. "I'm really sorry about yelling at you earlier. I . . . I love you, Yashiro."

"I love you, Hanako-kun."

The ghost was shocked by her quick answer.

"H-Huh?"

"Umm . . . yeah." Nene blushed harder. Hanako laughed.

"Can I try it again, then?" Nene frowned.

"Try what?"

"This."

Carefully and gently, Hanako pressed his lips onto his assistant's. Nene blushed.

When he pulled away, Nene was smiling. He felt his own face copy her expression.

"I love you so, so, so much," Hanako told his assistant, pulling her into his lap so he could hug her. Nene laughed.

"You know I feel the same way." 

A/N:

So you finished 'Dance'! Yay!

. . . Well, this is awkward. I don't really have anything to say . . . Do you guys have any questions for me?

Stay safe and healthy!

~~ Author-chan ~~