RAIN

A/N by @QueenOfNewfypoos: Fluff. Pure, cinnamon roll-readable fluff. And yes, you guessed it, it was raining when I wrote this. There is a small kiss, but absolutely no detail. I wanted to do a dramatic-girl-realizes-she-likes-the-guy-in-pouring-rain-thing, that you've probably seen in, I don't know, every rom-com ever? I can 100% see myself and my family watching this very PG movie together.

Nene stood out in the rain, watching it pour down. She was in a dark place after her parents were escorted to the hospital with COVID 19. She watched it drizzle off the edge of her umbrella. She would cry, but feels empty. Her once warm, life - filled house is dark. She drops to her knees, succumbing to the downfall of depressing pushing down on her shoulders. She loses count of how minutes, hours, she stays like that. She finds someone standing in the warm summer rain, shaking her shoulders.

"Are you okay?" Amane's familiar, comforting voice rolls over her. She lifts her tear streaked face up to his, letting him see the anguish and hopelessness on her face. She doesn't want Amane to waste his time trying to make her feel better. There is no way to make her feel better. She's already succumbed to the feeling of depression. Helping her up, he takes her into his car, driving towards the hospital her parents are staying at. "You know, I'm driving to Cape Cod for a week or so to stay with my aunt. I could say hi to Aoi while I'm in the area." Nene didn't need a reminder her friend was spending half of her summer in Cape Cod. Nene replies tiredly, " You're leaving tomorrow, don't waste your time trying to help me." Amane pulls into a parking space of the hospital. He silently walks her to the door.

Nene walks into her parent's room, pressing her face into the glass separating them from her. It rips her heart apart to see her parents unconscious as a woman in a white lab coat analyzes her mom's stability. After a minute of looking at them like that, she can't bear it anymore. Rage pouring into her veins, she slams her parent's door. She grabs Amane, and pulls him into the car. "Drive. Home. Now." Amane wisely doesn't reply, just steps on the gas.

~~_~~

Nene walks into her house, not at all regretting being rude to Amane. She stares at the rain still pouring. A ring from her phone is what shakes her out of her stupor.

Picking up, she hears a tired but happy voice that could only belong to an excited nurse. "They're okay! There were only a few bad effects, so they'll need to stay the night. We've vaccinated both of them, and they will have to look out and be careful for about 3 weeks, so take care of them. I'll put one of them on now." Her dad sounds tired, but relieved. 

"Hey Muffin, we're fine. We hope we won't have any more scares. You'll have to stay with a friend, but we will get to live together in a few weeks. We're so sorry. You must have felt so alone." Nene starts to say yes, but then... remembers Amane's face.

She realizes what she has to do. She quickly says goodbye before pulling on rain boots, something like, "ByeMomandDadIloveyouI'llseeyousoon!" grabbing a rain jacket, she starts sprinting. As she runs, she checks her watch. 1:30. AM. She runs the 2 miles, then runs up Amane's driveway. Panting, she notices a light on in Amane's room. She grabs a pebble, throwing it at the window. It looks like a perfect shot. Yes! Nene grins. Then she realizes the window wasn't closed. An indignant "OW!" indicates her pebble hit Amane.

Glaring at her, he comes outside. Pulling on his jacket, he walks up to her. Suddenly he seems shy. Then she realizes she's showing up outside his door in pouring rain at 2:00 AM. "H-hey.." trails Amane. Nene takes a breath to tell him 'thank you', when he steps closer to her. The streetlights illuminating his face, she gets a good look at him. An unfamiliar feeling starts inside her. 

"T-thank you . . .  for everything. I-I'm so sorry." Her whisper is barely hearable over the downfall of rain that's soaking them both. He smiles at her. 

"Are you okay?" 

She bites back the lump in her throat. 

He's so close . . . and perfect . . .

She grabs his gakuran, shaking slightly, and brushes her lips against his. A whisper of a kiss. He still looks cutely shocked. "W-wow . . . Nene . . . I forgot what I was about to say.." Exhaling slightly, he smiles at her. "My trip's been canceled."

A/N by @QueenOfNewfypoos: Rom-Com-ey, no? It does have some angst, probably because school ended yesterday, and I get really attached to my teachers. I painted my teacher a picture of her dog. I cried on multiple occasions. Definitely where the angst came from. Anyway, happy summer you guys! 

A/N by @NeneYashiro23: I did the editing again. XD That's all I have to say.

Stay safe and healthy!

~~ Author-chan(s) ~~