SMORES

A sweet and fluffy oneshot by @QueenOfNewfypoos

Nene wrapped her sweatshirt farther around her, staring into the flames licking up the tree logs. Amane, noticing how cold she was, and drew her closer to him. Her breathing caught when Amane casually slung an arm around her shoulders. He smirked at the blush creeping up her cheeks.

Mitsuba was taunting Kou, and Tsukasa was staring into the flames. And Amane, against his better judgement, was 'trying' to flirt with Nene.

Emphasis on 'trying'.

The only reason he wasn't failing was everything made his daikon blush. Though, he wasn't quite sure if she returned his feelings. Amane passed Nene a stick and grabbed her a marshmallow. Tsukasa stuck 5 onto his stick haphazardly, and Kou carefully skewered his.

Amane held his over the fire.

Of course, within 10 seconds, all of Tsukasa's marshmallows were on fire.

Kou, noticing Amane's arm around Nene, tried to replicate his flirting technique with Mitsuba. Unfortunately, instead of smoothly sliding an arm around him, Kou ended up whacking Mitsuba's head. "Watch it, lame Traffic-Safety earring boy!" Mitsuba scolded him. Kou turned a shade of maroon and focused on roasting his marshmallow. Amane and Nene tried to keep in their laughter watching their friend's attempts at being normal unfold around them.

After a while, everyone had eaten their smores and headed back towards their tents. Nene lingered, watching the fire. Amane peeked out from his tent, noticing Nene. He slunk over, sitting with her. "Still up, daikon?" He teased her.

Nene huffed a laugh and wrapped her arms around Amane's waist. He blushed, which Nene had never seen him do.

"H-hey . . . correct me if I'm wrong, but . . . were you trying to flirt with me?" She asked, taking Amane by surprise. He sighed, slumping down a little in Nene's arms.

"Yes, and I'll stop immediately. I should have known my feelings were one-way." Nene felt Amane slide out of her arms. Sighing, she decided to admit it.

"A-Amane?" She asked. He turned towards her, letting her read the sadness on his face. "I actually do really like you. I thought I was the one with feelings." she mumbled into her hoodie.

Nene took a minute to gather her courage, looking Amane in his eyes, before saying, "I was kinda hoping you'd be my first kiss." She averted her eyes, even as he grabbed her chin. He smiled.

"It's not the most romantic setting, since y'know, it's cold, the bugs are eating us-" he said sheepishly.

Nene grabbed his shirt and pulled him closer. "I don't care." she breathed, flushed.

With permission, Amane grinned, leaning forward, and brushed his lips against hers. Nene's eyes widened as Amane's closed.

He pulled back, smirking. "How many smores did you eat?" he asked.

Nene slapped him.

As they walked back to their tents, an interesting conversation could be heard. "Get away from those matches, Tsukasa! Do we need to remind you what happened last time you had matches?" Kou screamed.

Tsukasa pouted. "How many times do I have to apologize for that?" he said.

Mitsuba shrieked, "Once would be nice!" and the arguing continued as Nene and Amane slipped back into their tents. 

A/N:

I'm working on finishing drafts and completing requests. I'll post again soon! :) 

Stay safe and healthy!

~~ Author-chan ~~