Chapter 4

April 7, 2045, 4:30

Training began for Emma, but they had to hurry. Carol knew she had to protect Jack, despite her feelings about him. Carol created an obstacle course that was meant to use all of her abilities. First, you had to fly up to a ledge, then blast a few villains. Then you had to move quickly to save a civilian from a falling rock. You then have to bust through a blocked path. Then you had to beat the final villain with all of your abilities. This is how she trains all of her heroes, with courses designed around their abilities. Emma was able to get on the ledge rather quickly (about 0.5 seconds. ) then blast the villains in 3 seconds, then save the civilian in barely one second. Then she smashed the wall in 1 second. Then there was the boss, which usually took the longest, but she was able to beat the villain by hitting it with a pillar. Carol had to give the villain a shield so it wasn't that easy. So this time she had to throw the boulder back at the villain, then distract it with smoke, then blasts it a few times. Then she hit the villain by punching it one last time. The simulation ended and Carol clapped.

" Well done! Most people use the rock to destroy the opening, but you did it your way. It seems you already trained to save people though. " Carol said from a loudspeaker.

" Now, we move on to real groundwork! " Stella began. Carol grabbed her away from the microphone.

" We can't do that yet... I may hate Jack, but going against him is not smart. " Carol said.

" And what about her? " Stella said, pointing down at Emma, who seemed really excited. " I think outside work would do well with her, especially since that's what she did before this. "

Carol thought for a second of what Stella said...

But can I really go against Jack? Well, that's easy... of course. But is that really a good idea... is it intelligent to let her out to do actual hero work?

" Alright, fine... " Carol said.

Carol turned back to the Microphone.

" Emma, I think it's time I show you your new suit. " Carol said.

They came out of the hole and escorted Emma out of the training room. They entered a room filled with clothes and strange gadgets. Each piece of clothing was a different color and usually had a star on it. Emma was easily impressed.

" WHICH ONE IS MINE?! IS IT THIS ONE, OR THIS ONE... MAYBE THIS ONE!!! OOH, SO MANY CHOICES!!! " Emma said, zooming around the room several times looking through piles of clothes.

" Emma, technically none of these are yours. " Carol began.

Carol pulled out a small box, and Emma opened it. It was a single red button with the same star symbol as everything else. Emma pushed it, and a large machine came from the ground. It looked like a futuristic space slug. It had strange wires all around it and a large opening that could be mistaken as a mouth. In the center of the machine was a touchscreen that had a costume pre-loaded. There were symbols for color, size, shape, texture, and special features. Emma went crazy with the customization and made her own suit. It was snow-white almost all over, with the star symbol being red. The star glimmered in the light. The star seemed to wrap around the entire costume. It was bulletproof, flameproof, waterproof, nuclear-proof... everything thing you could think about, it was immune to it. She also added a cape to her costume as well. She had long red boots that also glimmered, they were tight so they could stay on during flight (That was more Carol's idea). She had gloves that were also everything proof. Then there was the mask. It was a normal eye mask, but a glimmering red. It also was able to see through everything, hear conversations from across rooms, show a GPS in front of her eyes, read her speed, and make and manage phone calls. She also wanted to put rocket launchers in there, but it wouldn't let her.