Chapter 1

You can roast or criticize me all you want. This is cringe, I agree.

Percy POV

Percy Jackson was not having a good day. He had just run away from another orphanage, which was the third one in his lifetime. He had tears going down his eyes as he ran, his best friend, his only friend, left him to be adopted. He can't stay there anymore. Mike, the 15 year old bully often picks on Percy and his so called 'friend' Aiden. They stood up together, Percy being 9 and Aiden being barely even 8. His step-father, Smelly Gabe, has killed his mother. Percy still remembers that day when he closes his eyes. He closed his eyes to block the tears that were threatening to spill out. Great. Now he has to find another orphanage to chill in. He has no regrets running away because the place held horrible memories.

——————5 months later———

Great, I'm going to a military school and I'm literally 10 years old. Oh by the way my birthday was basically slavery. I sighed and walked through the front door. I instantly saw people everywhere, mostly in big groups however I see every so often someone in a small group. I honestly like the small groups even though I am a 'good' looking guy. I'm about 4 foot 9", with black raven dark hair that's never going to be neat, I have green eyes, the color of the sea, and I am pretty tan. However I'm also skinny, so yeah. I walked through the principal's office. "Hello! My name is Percy Jackson, I'm coming here for this semester." The principal gave him a sheet "Alright, here is your schedule. I will have 2 people to give you a tour, Bianca and Nico Di Angelo report to the principal's office." A few minutes later 2 kids walked in, a boy and a girl. They both have pale skin, black eyes like the void, but the girl has brown hair while the boy has black. I looked at the girl and she was beautiful, I mean I met beautiful girls but she is the most beautiful of them all, then I moved my eyes to the boy. He looked energetic, always tapping his foot or fingers, this dude had serious ADHD. I couldn't help but smile at him, "Hello, my name is Bianca '' the girl said, "And my name is Nico '' the boy said. "Hello my name is Percy, so... let's get this tour started shall we?" The 3 left the office, following Bianca. Bianca broke the silence "Can I borrow your schedule?" I handed her the schedule and she started studying it. Bianca looked up "Let's go Percy'' We walked in silence for a minute until Nico finally spoke "How did you get the scar on your face?"

"Nico!" Bianca scolded and backhanded Nico's head. "Ow! But I'm serious, what happened?" "My step father" I simply responded. "Oh, sorry." Bianca looked at me with pity in her eyes, ugh I hate sympathy. I started to pull out a deck of cards I stole from my 2nd orphanage. "Woah! You play myth o' magic? I play it too! How many cards do you have? How many statues? Do you want to play with me? I got mostly all the cards bu-" Bianca slapped his head again. I smiled "to answer some of your questions, I do play myth o' magic." "Cool! Can we play a game later?" I smiled again "sure! What do you guys do here other than school?" Bianca reluctantly answered in a small voice "I watch tv and watch over my brother while he's obsessed with the stupid card game." Nico and I blew up "it's not stupid!" I started to smile even bigger. "So," I looked at Nico and saw a black eye, my eyes widened "what happened, why do you have a black eye?" His face darkened and it seemed like the temperature dropped. "Bullies" was his simple reply. Bianca eyed me like I was going to sprint out of this group, she also had a small bit of sadness in her eyes, then said "you can leave us after we are done-" I instantly interjected "What! You guys are the only people I have spoken to today! I would never leave you, that's a promise I would make to you guys." They both smiled "Let's go quickly I want to play my game" I smiled, I found a family again.

———3 hours later during switching time——————

Bianca POV

Today can't just get any better. We found a new friend, we got no science homework for the rest of the week because of touring someone, I started to develop a crush on him. But that all had to end when Liam and some jockeys came over. One of them winked at me and I snorted in disgust. I looked to my side and saw Percy's beauti- concentrate! His eyes seemed murderous. "Get behind me." Nico ran behind him while I reluctantly did so, and then one of the jackeys grabbed my arm and pulled me away. He started to push me against the locker, pinning me down. My eyes widened in fear and what he might do to me. Then I heard Percy's voice "Nico! Get out of here, run to our room!" Nico didn't hesitate to run. The jockey started to reach over me, and I closed my eyes. I expected him to at least do something but he didn't. Then I heard a crack. I opened my eyes and I saw Percy standing protectively in front of me. I had to smile, my new crush protecting me. "Get out of here! Get to our room and make sure Nico is in there, I'll catch up in a bit just go!" I started to sprint to the stairs, going up to the dorm we share. I smiled, he saved me. I soon ran into our room and saw Nico pacing around the couch, obviously worried. "Nico!" Nico soon saw me and ran towards me, I braced myself. It didn't work. He literally hugs like a pick up truck and literally with his momentum, pushes me on the floor. Then he started to use his machine gun talk "Bianca be careful! I've been waiting for 10 minutes! I was about to come, don't worry me like that!" His expression turned to happiness then confusion "where's Percy?" My eyes widened, I left him there. "We need to go get him, come on Nico!" They ran to the door and the door opened revealing Percy. He smiled "Hey guys." I looked at him and realized that the side of his head was bleeding. "What happened! Your bleeding come on, get a towel!" I yelled concern in my voice. Nico instantly ran to the bathroom while I ran to Percy and basically forced him to sit on the couch. Nico ran back and gave Percy the towel. "Thanks Nico. And answering your question, well let's just say I distracted them long enough then escaped." I sneered at him "don't ever do that again or next time you are going to have to get on the couch unconscious." He smiled, "deal made." Then Nico started to speak up "C'mon guys, I want to play Myth O' Magic!" I smiled, the first day here of a new semester.

——————1 year later———

Percy POV

The dance is literally the biggest event of the year. Many girls already asked me out, however I turned them down. I already had one girl in particular.... I looked around and found her, she was declining a boy's request to dance. I smiled. I started walking over to her, she was beautiful in her dress. "Hello Bianca," I stretched out my hand. "Can I have this dance?" Stupid Percy, you literally get your hopes too high! She declined multiple people, why would she accept you? "Ok" was one word she spoke and I smiled the biggest smile I have ever done. "Let's get this party starting!" Yes! She said yes! Hah take those conscious thoughts! I grabbed her hand and led her onto the dance floor, luckily she couldn't see my face because it was completely red by holding her hand. They started to dance together to the songs. Bianca soon smiled, the beautiful smile she had and soon I got lost in her eyes. Void black eyes. I lost track of time, how long has it been? Minutes? Hours? No, it's been hours. I smiled at Bianca. "Let's go to bed, come on Bianca let's go."

Nico POV

I grinned the biggest grin in my whole life, I'm literally 9 and I already know they like each other. They're so oblivious. I was walking around the drinks area. My stomach protests drinking another drink, man I haven't watched my drinking today, so much kool aid would get me hyperactive. Soon something caught my eye. "Aha! Bingo!" I yelled and ran to the candy jar. Dang it, there are others there, as I approached, well ran, I heard shouted like. "Young love!" "Wanna get some more kool aid?" "This is my candy jar!" I growled in response. She will NOT get all the candy! As I approached the person who talked looked like my age, I instantly had a crush on her. Not just her good, beau- okay maybe good looks but her pose is strong. She speaks with ease and confidence. I walked over and attempted to steal one. "Hey! Give it back! That's mine!" I looked at her "what's your name?" She settles her dark eyes on the candy in my hand, like making a plan on how to grab it, "my name is Reyna and my bigger sister is Hylla, but she moved away. Now... where were we?" She cracked her knuckles and I gulped and paled. "Errr...My name is Nico Di Angelo, goodbye!" I sprint away as fast as my little legs can go. Unfortunately she also chased me. "Give my candy back to you little kid!" I yelled and screamed "My name is NIco! And this is my candy now! Let me go free!" Unfortunately I tripped and prepared for death. I quickly shoved the candy in my mouth before she tackled me and we went down. "Why did you eat it! That was mine!" She pinned me down and I swallowed the candy, it was a tootsie roll. I grinned "Now it's mine." She scowled but she had a smile on her face. The smile fitted perfectly on her face. I smiled. "Do you want to dance?" She instantly blushed and stammered out "b-but there are other girls, why a-ask me?" I smiled at her obliviousness, "because I asked you, Reyna , the candy guardian." She laughed and it sounded like a melody. "Well let's go Candy Criminals." I smiled, grabbed her hand, and dragged her onto the dance floor. My new friend.