Chapter 6

Nico POV

We started walking around for a few minutes. I sighed "We are heading to Hephastus' workshop." Bianca scowled at his name but kept quiet. Reyna and I were ahead of the group. "So," Nico started wanting to have a conversation "remember the first time we met Reyna the Candy Guardian?" Reyna smiled at the memory, "Yeah and you're the Candy Criminal." I grinned, "We ran for 10 minutes over a tootsie roll," Reyna snickered at that. Subconsciously I grabbed Reyna's hand, and at the same time she did it. We quickly let go of each other and blushed madly. "Well...sorry." Reyna just nodded her face still red but she slowly went away. She's cute when she blushes. Woah! Where did that thought come through? Eh. Never mind. We walked for hours until finally we found our way inside the workshop. I sighed in relief. "Lord Hephastus." I said. He turned around and his eyes narrowed at me. I shifted from foot to foot. "We are looking for a way to get to Daedalus." Reyna said. Hephastus' eyes narrowed at Reyna, "That costs a lot you know, you can just do a favor for me and you get directions! Win win!" I looked at Reyna and nodded. "What do we need to do Lord Hephaestus?" Percy asked. "No no, you 3" pointing at Percy, Bianca, and Scott "would need to do me another favor, while these 2 would do me a different favor." Percy looked at Reyna and me worriedly but I just gave him the thumbs up. "Sure ok, what are the favors?" Hephastus looked at me and Reyna, "you 2 go to Mount St. Helens, something is using my forge and my aura is too big so they can sense me coming, plus when I send an automation in there, it never makes it out." I nodded. "You 3 would need to go follow this mechanical spider, it would lead you to another forge, grab all the celestial bronze there and bring it back." The others nodded. "Well? Get going!" Reyna and I sprinted out, following a different spider. We ran for at last a mile, it felt like it, and we finally made it to a door. I looked at Reyna and she nodded. We snuck in and saw something like a classroom full of half dog and half serpent monsters. "Telkines, "I whispered. Reyna and I hid behind a cauldron and could hear talking. "Aye! It'll be sharper than the first one! Just a few more dips." Reyna mouthed to me 'Kronos' Scythe' I paled at this. Then I whispered to her "get out of here and tell Hephaestus what is here!" Reyna's eyes widened "and leave you here? No way!" I looked her straight in the eyes ''it's the only way, GO '' She hesitated but then she pulled Nico into a kiss. Nico's eyes widened until she pulled back. "Goodbye." She ran and left the scene. (Disclaimer : Nico and Reyna are 13, they passed their birthday in the Labyrinth.) I shook my head out of the shock that was given and pulled out my sword. I jumped over the cauldron and stabbed one of the Telchines, I jumped at another and stabbed then I turned around and slashed. I looked around and saw more telkhines coming in. I ran towards the forges, looking to destroy the scythe. When I found none I was already surrounded. My eyes widened as I saw them all around me. They started to spring forward and I defended myself but I can't keep doing this forever. "Let's see how long you can survive Son of Hades!" One of them grabbed lava and chucked it at Nico, burning his shirt. Nico yelped in pain and more and more lava pieces burned his skin. Nico fell on the floor clutching his body. Nico then tried to concentrate on this mountain. He planned on destroying the whole thing. Nico screamed as another lava piece pushed him forward. Nico concentrated and one more scream and the whole mountain exploded, blasting him upwards. He didn't even have time to think I'm scared of heights when he plummeted downwards.

Reyna POV

Reyna left the scene and ran as fast as she could go. I could already be thinking, stupid Reyna why did you kiss him? You are 13! I kept running however. I turned a corner then an explosion blasted her against the wall, she looked around the corner to see a part of the labyrinth collapsing. Her eyes widened, Nico was in there. I felt tears coming down my face but she ran faster towards Hephastus' workshop. Destroy with a hero's final breath. No. I refused to think he was dead. He can't be. He was my first crush and he took me into a new family. I sprinted farther down until I finally opened the door to Hephaestus. I was panting, "Telkhines...working for.... Kronos...making new...scythe...Nico is in...there and it blew...up" I said in between breaths. Hephastus just nodded his head before teleporting her back to camp half blood. I looked around and saw everyone in the pavilion. I stumbled over and saw everyone eating. I walked over to Chiron and I didn't realize my left leg was cut when part of the Labyrinth collapsed. Everyone stared at her as she made her way to Chiron. "Hephastus teleported me here." Chiron nodded "after lunch report for a meeting!" After everyone made their way to the ping pong table Chiron asked "tell the story" I nodded and sat down. "We found Percy a-" everyone started murmuring "SHUT UP, we found Percy and roughly 24 others, they are all demigods and are already here." She continued telling the story to the end. She ignored the part where she kissed Nico. "So basically what you are saying is... you are the first one here, the other 3 should come shortly, and Nico blew up Mount St. Helens?" Connor asked. I just nodded my head.