Vengeance

24th of August, 2024, 70th floor <<Terullia>>

Luna successfully pulled off a 15-combo skill, ending her foe in a couple of seconds. She and her friends were on the 70th floor <<Terullia>>, where it took on an underwater-like theme, on the seabed. Only problem was, all the aquatic life here were ugly monsters and hungry. So hungry, if one carelessly stepped into certain areas they would gather in flocks to eat the players. It wasn't any problem for Luna though; she merely sliced them down before moving forth into the city.

<<Terullia>> resembled Atlantis in a way, only that it was on land and covered in the tinge of the glowing-blue 'sky' which showed ripples. The atlantic city never looked the same once; its colors changed depending on where the sunlight shone on. One could stare at it all day long, admiring how the city reflected off light like crystals. As a result, it was considered one of the most beautiful cities in SAO. Her eyes caught sight of a white-haired youth sitting on the sides a beautifully carved fountain, where three marble dolphin statues intertwined to form a magnificent sight. Before she could call out to him, his red eyes met hers and he jumped off the fountain. His coat fluttered behind him with the wind.

"That was quick, I just got here too. So Corvalt's last again this time isn't he?"

That was the game they played on every floor; to see who could reach the town first from the edge of the floor. Corvalt had lost twice to Luna now, so he had to pay for their meals later. Again.

"Luna, you really show no mercy to Corvalt huh; you know he can't beat you when it comes to one-hit kills like you do."

If Akise was skilled at leaving no openings for any attacks, then Luna would be the best at one-hit kills. Quite often Luna was left in charge in sweeping because of her quick actions. Not only was she unbeatable when it came to accuracy, she too had a flair for assassination. Luckily, such a terrifying person was his friend and not a foe. As for Corvalt... eh... he wasn't quite as skilled at them but more of an all-rounder with everything he did. Still, he wasn't able to beat Luna yet, let alone beat Akise. Sighing, Akise placed his hands on his hips.

"Oh well, it's getting dark already, how about we go look for him first then extort money from him later?"

Luna stiffled a laughter.

"Pfft! The words you use sometimes Akise, they sound a little cruel."

From sideways, Luna saw a mischievous grin on Akise's face.

"Well it is the truth, loser has to pay for our meals remember? Maybe I'll eat double the amount just to see him get broke."

"You're still holding a grudge for him breaking your sword right?"

Thanks to Corvalt's persistence, Akise's sword broke before reaching +11. Akise had been pretty cool about it, but clearly Luna could see that Akise purposely set this game up knowing that Corvalt would be last frequently. Maybe Akise was even deducting the Cols from the total debt Corvalt owed him. What a terrifying person.

"Yeah, that sword was worth a fortune you know. Thank goodness the last Field Boss we fought had a rare item drop, and with this <<Durandal>>, I feel like I can do anything."

As they walked the plains, they chatted while slicing down mobs without so much of a care for them. That clearly told nearby players that the pair was not to be trifled with, so they stayed out of the way.

"Ah I see... <<Durandal>> is actually based on a real legendary sword was it?"

"Yeah, I read it once in a book before. It came from a French legend if I'm not mistaken. The sword is said to be the sharpest sword in existence and indestructible, and within its golden hilt here it's supposed to have sacred relics belonging to important figures in ancient times. Well, this is within a game so I doubt it actually has stuff in it."