Crossing Paths

<<55th floor, Granzam, in front of KoB Headquarters>>

Akise and Luna stood in front of the massive structure which looked invincible in the sunlight. The red flags bordering its walls showed off its status as the best of the very best guilds in SAO. The castle loomed over them, as if they weren't welcomed at all to this place. Players nearby stared at the duo, wondering whether they would actually stepped right into a guild filled with the pros of all pros. Luna gulped and took a glance at Akise. Akise's determination was set as stone, his resolve so strong nothing could waver it at all. He strode through the main gates, letting his coat fly behind him like a boss. Luna followed from behind and stayed by his side, wishing that they would quickly reach the Guildmaster's Office. Despite all the stares and talks about him being the <<White Demon>> who took out countless Field Bosses with ease, he walked onwards till he reached the leader's office. Nobody dared to stop him except for two guards who blocked his path. They looked difficult, but Akise remained calm and composed.

"The leader is currently in a meeting, please come back at a later date."

Akise's eyes turned wild for a second, causing the two guards to shiver. How could one 15-year-old kid be so intimidating? With a dangerous glint in his crimson eyes, Akise muttered.

"This is an emergency, should this be left alone countless players will be paying the price. Let me in."

"But-"

"Please."

It wasn't the 'please' that changed their minds; it was Akise's tone. Dark and dangerous. That accompanying his unusual appearance was enough. After exchanging hesitant glances among themselves, the guards decided to let their leader handle this scary kid. So, they move out of the way and Akise pushed open the doors. In the office basking in the afternoon glow of the sunset, three people stood in the room. One wore an all-black coat; a huge contrast to the other two clad in red and white colors. The one in a chair, a man just past his forties sat in the armchair, looking a little too calm. His grey hair was tied to the back, leaving out a lock of hair just above his left eye. Heathcliff. The other one was a girl with brown hair reaching her waist, part of her hair tied up and with clear eyes. Asuna. The last one, the one in all-black attire, was the guy he'd never thought he would see again; Kirito. They all shared the same surprised look.

"Akise-kun? What are you doing here?"

"..."

Akise ignored Asuna and headed straight for Heathcliff. While Luna explained to Kirito and Asuna about everything, Akise bowed to Heathcliff and spoke clearly.

"Good afternoon, Commander Heathcliff. My name is Akise and I would like to request for your help."

The Commander placed his elbows on the table, paying his attention towards Akise who continued on.

"Earlier this afternoon, a player named Corvalt was murdered by a member of <<Laughing Coffin>>."

The guild's name caught everybody's attention and let Akise's voice filled the room. Akise took no notice of the silence and produced something in his hands. From where she stood, Luna could roughly see something black on his hand. When did he managed to get that?

"Here is the proof; a piece of black cloth bearing the emblem. For the last three days according to <<MMO Today>>, 13 murders have taken place everywhere; not only on the 68th floor but on other floors as well. Their activities have changed from hunting only one floor to several and we can assume that their killing patterns have changed and that trouble is brewing up. While we have the manpower and the upperhand, I say we should strike them down now before it's too late."