Part 4: The Bat Returns

[Taina POV]

Hell. That is the only word I can use to describe this. It's been 3 days and still no one has come. At least I got a good scratch on the bastard that took me. I have been in this place along with about 15 other girls. We've only been fed crappy ham sandwiches and have been given little water. What the hell do they want with us anyway?

At that moment I see 4 guys walk into the basement. One of them being the guy that look me.

Gabriel: "Grab 3 and take them to the third floor."

They walk into our cell and grab me and 2 other girls.

Girl 1: "Let go of me asshole!!!!"

Man 1: "Don't make this difficult. You won't like how it ends."

She tries to struggle but sees me. I wasn't going to try and fight it theres no point. I guess she knew that too and stopped struggling.

They take us up a long flight of stairs to the top floor. They then lead us into a large room. The room was empty except for a laptop sitting on a small table in the corner.

Gabriel: "Ok. Now lets-"

He was cut off by the lights going out. The only source of light was street lights coming in through the windows. But even then the light was weak. All of a sudden we hear gunshots ring out throughout the building.

[Y/n POV]

I managed to take down 2 men, but of them managed to get a few gunshots off before I was able to take him down. I turn on detective mode and look around. When I look up I can see 3 men on the second floor loading what looks to be a standard handgun. On the top floor I see 4 men with 3 hostages. 2 of them armed with some sort of SMG and the other 2 armed with handguns. I then look down and see multiple people in a basement. All of them women. I should take out the men on the upper levels first before setting the women free.

I turn off detective mode and grapple to the second floor. I hide in a shadowy corner as 3 men walk out of the room they were in and start patrolling the dark hall. As soon as they get close enough I grab one of the men and slam him into the wall knocking him out immediately. Before the other 2 can react I disarm one of them and hit him with a straight jab to the face, knocking him out cold. I then grab his gun and throw it the face of the last guy. Second floor clear.

I get to the third floor. I'm standing right outside the door of the large room. I turn on detective mode and see that all 4 men have their weapons trained on the door. I turn off detective mode. I reach for my belt and ready a smoke bomb.

[Taina POV]

I watch as the only door to the room starts to open slowly. As soon as it is open all 4 guys in the room unload their guns into the door way. After a few seconds all the guns click. Then I see a small black object rolling on the ground. As soon as it makes it to the center of the room it brusts into a large cloud of smoke. I can't see a thing. I can only hear screams and thuds echoing through the room. Then I hear nothing. Then the smoke clears. In the darkness I see the out line of a man with what looks like horns on his head. The man steps forward to me and the other girls. Light shines from the windows on to the man's body but darkness still covering his head. Is that a bat symbol on his chest?

(Y/n): "Grab the keys off one of these men. Then go down to the basement and free the other girls. The authorities will be here soon."

Taina: "Wait."

Before I can say anything to him hes walks away. Me and the other 2 girls do what the man says and free the other girls. Everyone walks outside to flashing lights and sirens. Finally. We're free.

Time Skip 30 Minutes

I was taken to the hospital for testing to see if I was hurt. To be honest I was more hungry an thirsty than hurt. As I was going through testing the police told me that my family had been informed that I was ok.

But I couldn't get that strange man out of my head. The image if that symbol on his chest stayed imprinted in my mind. How did he manage to take out 4 guys with guns on his own. Then it hit me.

(Taina): "He used fear."

[Y/n POV]

(Y/n): "I did it dad. Mission was a success, no casualties."

Bruce:. "Already? I had no doubt you would accomplish your task, but not this quick. Hell, you might be a better Batman than me son."

(Y/n): "I was doing my job dad. So what now?"

Bruce: "Start packing everything up and come back home. You deserve some rest."

(Y/n): "Ok. I will start heading out first thing in the morning."

Bruce: "Ok, see you then. Bye."

(Y/n): "Bye."

I hang up the phone and start taking off my suit. I put on some more casual clothing and head to sleep. As I'm laying in bed one thought runs through my mind. What will the future hold for me? For Batman.

---------------------------------------------------------------