Part 30: The Dawn

[Zofia POV]

It's only been 12 hours since we got back to base and everyone is feeling down. Especially Taina. It hurts for me too. The team that was looking for remains said that nothing would be left from an explosion like that. I walk through the halls on my way to clear out (Y/n)'s dorm.

Everyone goes about their business in a professional manner but everyone is still grieving. I go to the dorm and unlock it. I open it to find it spotless. I go to check the drawers for clothes and find nothing. The restroom has nothing. No soap, toothpaste, nothing.

The biggest thing was that the lift inside the wall was exposed. I get in and take the it to the bottom. I walk out and see Harry already down there.

Zofia: "Sir? What are you doing here?"

Harry: "I came to figure out how I'm going to get all this equipment out. Still trying to figure out how he got it in." He said with a chuckle.

I look around the entire place along with Harry to figure out if there was an opening of some sort. I find a button hidden in some rock. I reach in and press it. The walls flip open to reveal pods. I remember seeing these when he brought us down here. But the suits are gone. Where could they be?

Harry: "GOT IT!" He yells to me.

A very large ramp forms and at the top a gigantic opening forms. I walk up the ramp and out the opening. It leads straight to the forests right by Hereford. That explains how he got out of here unnoticed. I go back down and see Harry searching.

Zofia: "What are you looking for?"

Harry: "I was looking for all of his tech but I can't seem to find it. There's nothing here."

Zofia: "There's no suits either. Where could they all be?"

[Caveira POV]

I open my tired eyes and look at the clock. 12 o'clock. Even though it's late I don't feel like getting up. I'm both tired and depressed in a way. I haven't felt loss like this in a long time. It hurts my chest. I gain enough strength to sit up in my bed. I rub my face and look around. Ela must already be up and active. Then again I over slept to long.

I go to the bathroom and take a long cold shower. It wakes me up to start the day. I get up and get dressed to hit the gym. I put on my knife holder and start looking for the proper knife. I keep searching my knife box for the perfect one. I find one with paper wrapped around the handle. I take it out and inspect it. I take it off and look at it. It's a note. From.........(Y/n). How?

There has to be about 500 words on here. I read it  and couldn't help but smile. I shed a tear and place it back on the table. I put the knife in my holster and reach for my face paint. I decide to follow his advice and leave it. I walk out and head to the gym with a better mind.

3rd Person

It's midnight. The entire world got word a few days ago of the supposed death of the bat. Crime has become more active because of this. A child walks the streets with a roll of cash in his jacket. A few men with switchblades follow. The kid takes notice and begins running. The men are hot on the kid's tail. He turns in an ally but finds it to be a dead end.

He turns to run back but the men have already cornered him. He is terrified. He closes his eyes and hears the sounds of grunts and punches. He opens one eye then the other. The men are on the floor in cuffs with bloody noses. The kid runs out of the ally and back home.

On a rooftop nearby a silhouette and me seen standing up. He has  pointed ears and a cape. Screams can be heard. The man jumps off the roof and into a glide.

The Batman Lives.

-----------------------------------------------------

There it is my first story complete. :)

Legend by The Score