46.

lmaooo y'all still here ?

𓆙Cᴀʟɪғᴏʀɴɪᴀ
𝐉𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐀 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐍

"So you telling me.. Na'Jour was the only person in that whole mall that got shot?"

"Yes China, did you not watch the news?"

"That don't sound fishy to you?"

"It does."

"It's always some shit with y'all. Who else wants y'all dead, like shit. Can't get no type of break, y'all always caught up in something."

I just shook my head. The door slowly opened and in walked a nurse with a bouquet of flowers with a note in it.

"Who's that from?" I asked eyeing the note.

The nurse shrugged. "I ain't read the note, you tell me."

China scrunched her face up. "This hospital is beyond ghetto." She said as the nurse walked out. She then looked at KJ who was on his phone. "Why you so quiet?"

KJ looked up at her. "What I'm 'posed to say?"

She glared at him for a few seconds before nodding. "Mm.. check the note Jayla."

I stood up and walked towards the flower, I bent down and smelt it before grabbing the note.

"It's from Sylvia and Ezariah." I said placing it back down. "Sending him prayers and said they'll try to catch a flight here soon."

"What if she set him up?" China said and I shook my head.

"She's not even in town."

"And? A quick and simple phone call could make big conflicts."

"Nah ion think so. Why would she set him up?" I sat down next to Kaiser.

"Prolly cause he put his hands on her."

"You quick to blame something on someone." KJ spoke up.

"I'm just tryna help." China shrugged. "You not saying shit so now I'm finna blame it on you, where were you?"

KJ chuckled.

".. I'm serious? Where were you? Why it took you so long to come?"

"Traffic."

"You're lying." China scrunched her face up waving him off.

"I— aht, you're lying I don't care." She cut him off.

"I don't think KJ did this." I said defending him. Truth be told I don't know what to think. I don't wanna guilt trap people though, I just wanna find out what happened, or what's happening.

"Mm.. so now what?" China said.

"What?" I looked at her.

She eyed Na'Jour and pointed at him. "He ain't wake up since y'all been here?"

"Nope. Not while I was in here at least. Doctor said he should up in a few though, it's still early."