50. 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

16 years later..

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓

"Kaiser Wrights.." The crowd went into cheers as Kaiser walked down the stage in his graduation gown and cap. He shook his hands with all his teachers, even the ones he didn't like; he reached the end of the stage where his principal was holding his diploma.

He cracked a smile when he saw his sister Ezariah in the crowd with her 9 months old daughter, Ariah. Ezariah was screaming at the top of her lungs for her brother, she was so proud of him.

With everything he's been going through, everything they've been through. He managed to still be able to walk down that stage and graduate with a 3.6 GPA.

They were in Atlanta, Georgia. After Najour was shot and killed by California police and Jayla was locked up in prison on multiple charges for multiple murders, Sylvia took him in.

He was so young, he barley remembered anything of his father but Jayla reminded him all the time. She always told him how much his dad loved him and Sylvia showed him plenty of pictures.

Moving away far from his mother was difficult for Kaiser at first. Especially because he was so young and attached to her. Sylvia made it her duty to make Kaiser as comfortable and used to her and Ezariah as much as possible. She also had him talk to his mother every night.

But, as Kaiser hit his teenage years things started to change, Sylvia started to change. Her behavior started to change between both Kaiser and her own daughter. She started doing drugs and forgot about her responsibilities leaving Kaiser and Ezariah to feen for themselves.

Kaiser and Ezariah got closer than they were as babies. They went from cat and mice fighting to 2 peas in a pod, closer than ever.

"YEAHHH YOU BETTA SMILE KAI YOU MADE IT NIGGA!" Ezariah screamed as she recorded him zooming in as his smile grew wider into a laugh.

Kaiser walked off the stage and didn't even go back to his seat, he immediately started walking out the auditorium. This was it, this was his moment. He finally did it. 4 years, 4 draining years of high school, the most important part of your life as some consider it. He did it.

There was times he thought he couldn't do it, times he didn't want to do it, times he even turned to the streets but he changed. He had to change, for his mom and for his dad whom was watching over him. Kaiser knew his father was proud of him.

Ezariah stood up holding her daughter and also walked out, she knew Kaiser was going to walk out because he told her prior. She got outside and saw him standing by her car with his head stuffed in his hands. As she got closer she heard snuffles.

"Kai you cryin?" Once he heard her voice he immediately started wiping his face but the tears kept falling down even more.

"Stop crying.. you did it. Our daddy and your mom is so proud of you Kaiser for real," Ezariah pulled him in and he cried into her chest.

"I just wish they was here man.." His voice cracked as he started crying even harder. Ezariah's heart broke hearing him like this.

It was effecting him badly. Graduating is something you're supposed to cherish and celebrate with family, which he barley had. Jayla was in prison and had been in prison for 13 years, Najour was dead, and they were barley cool with they family; Ezariah was the only person he had and it honestly broke his heart.

"Cmon let's go in the car and talk.." Ezariah rubbed his back. It took him a few minutes before he picked his head up and did as told. Ezariah put her Ariah in her car seat and buckled her in before getting into the car along with Kaiser.