Newsworthy

A/N: I don't own Smallville or any characters and places in the DC universe. Nor do I own the episodes that these chapters are based and contained from.

I also don't claim to be a writer. My inspiration is simply to get a creative outlet going.

I only own Tyla Nevin and what pertains to her character story.

____________________________________________________________

To: Tyla Nevin

From: Lex Luthor

Subject; IOY – Past Tense

Check your drawer. I took the liberty to get you four access passes to my skybox for the Metropolis Sharks. I hope you enjoy them.

We're even,

L.L.

Tyla received the email just shortly after she settled into her desk. She frowned at the email and then opened the top right drawer to see an envelope with her name on it. Sure enough, there were four tickets and the digital keys to the Metropolitan Stadium skybox that was owned by none other than the younger Luthor. She laughed in amazement before she replied to him.

To: Lex Luthor

From: Tyla Nevin

Subject; Re: IOY – Past Tense

We will never be even. You control my salary. Do you always take the liberty to go through your employees' desks? That's a breach of privacy.

Thank you. My friends from National City have come in so this is perfect. Judging by the number of passes, I gather you knew they were here already.

T.N.

Lex smirked at the email. He had just finished his last session with the psychiatrist and expectedly, Tyla was right. Five sessions were easy to go through. Granted, he did not divulge anything considering this was something his father wanted. He would not make it easy for Lionel Luthor. He drummed his fingers against the laptop, rereading the email. He had known that her friends were there. However, it was not by investigation. He eyed her with them when he was leaving for work the other day. She was talking dynamically to three friends near one of those street hotdog vendors that perched outside the LuthorCorp plaza. She seemed too friendly to have just met them. It was easy to put two-and-two together and he procured the tickets that night so she would discover them in the morning. He had remembered that he owed her for helping him with Helen although, now it was moot excuse. It was more the fact that their friendship had grew. It was something that he hadn't felt in a long time. Something since perhaps his boyhood years. To have a friend that was there for him without pretense.

To: Tyla Nevin

From: Lex Luthor

Subject; Re: IOY – Past Tense

I don't know what you are talking about. Lucky guess.

I only take the liberty for the employees that matter. You so happen to be one that is also my friend.

L.L

P.S. Privacy is a luxury

He hesitated on sending it. It would be the first email correspondence that confirmed of their friendship. It was past banter now. If his father found these, and no doubt he would, he feared that Tyla would be in the crossfire again. Especially since she was rightfully angry at being used as a bargaining chip in the Luthor War in the first place. He thought for a bit, running his hand over his chin before he deleted the sentence that mentioned her being his friend. He began to type;