Nocebo

A/N: I don't own Smallville or any characters and places in the DC universe. Nor do I own the episodes that these chapters are based and contained from.

I also don't claim to be a writer. My inspiration is simply to get a creative outlet going.

I only own Tyla Nevin and what pertains to her character story.

____________________________________________________________

Tyla was a little more aware of Lex after that. Even if she tried to check in on him every once in awhile, all she got from the millionaire was a passing remark about a momentary lapse of judgement. She knew that it was his cue of saying that he would no longer speak of that instance any longer. All the blonde could do was assure him that she would be there for him. But it seemed to be moot so instead, she focused on what brought their friendship together in the first place, his projects. However, with the reports and project promotions that Lionel was throwing towards her team, the most contact that she had with the younger Luthor was either email correspondences or 1-hour phone calls. She would be lucky to get a meeting or two in.

Unbeknownst to her, Lex had kept his distance from her. Not because she had done something wrong, but there was a nagging feeling grew within him steadily. From his own investigations, he found out that his father and Morgan Edge had killed his grandparents. Now they were targeting him because of it. If they got to him, they could get to her. She couldn't save him if she was dead. But even with all his efforts, last night proved that he was helpless. His own mansion was invaded and although he managed to escape, it was not unscathed. He still had enough life left in him to retreat and hide. For the entire night, he made his way toward the Kent farm, choosing the all too familiar barn to conceal himself until Clark found him.

"Lex?" Clark moved a book from his dresser and saw the mud-messed, bloodied millionaire.

Lex looked up to see him and then got up but not without struggling effort. "Are you alone?" He asked. He perked his head to the side to see if there was anyone behind his friend, wincing at the piercing pain from the bullet in his back.

The teen gave him a once over, taking stock of his injuries. "Yeah. What happened to you?"

Lex looked over to the window that overlooked the farm and limped over. "Someone tried to kill me." He gripped the windowsill and leaned against it for support, quietly grunting in pain.

"We need to get you to the hospital. Call the police." Clark placed his book back on his desk and took a step towards Lex.

"No!" Lex exclaimed. "No, hospital. No police. These people are professionals. They killed my security guard, Darius. They tried to finish me off too. I just need time to think.... I need...Tyla Nevin." She can help, let alone patch him up. He remembered that her resume indicated as such. At least she would be certified in CPR/AED level C.

"Isn't that who they call the Miracle Angel?" Lex gave Clark a look of disbelief before the teen could explain further. "I ran into her at the Talon last month."

Lex pressed his lips together, deep in thought. He padded his pants, feeling for his cell phone and reached into his side pocket. "She does crisis management, and I can safely say that an attempt at my life is a crisis." He checked his phone. There was enough life in it to give her a call. With his less injured arm, he started to look through his contacts for her number.

"Who would want to kill you?"

There's a list, take your pick. "The less you know, the better," Lex said, instead.

"Lex, I can't help you if you don't tell me what's going on!"

Lex took a deep breath and looked at him. "It was probably my father." He turned his attention back to the phone and put it to his ear.