Fixation

A/N: I don't own Smallville or any characters and places in the DC universe. Nor do I own the episodes that these chapters are based and contained from.

I also don't claim to be a writer. My inspiration is simply to get a creative outlet going.

I only own Tyla Nevin and what pertains to her character story.

____________________________________________________________

"You're late!" He barked from his study, getting up from his desk as soon as Tyla opened the doors.

"I live here, remember?" She said, exasperated. She smoothed her beige dress and set down her laptop on the coffee table. "Why do you sound so grumpy?"

"This is the first time you've made me wait." Usually, he would make her wait. He could afford to take his time.

Tyla chuckled and shook her head. "I was closing a deal for you," she said, simply. He stared at her for a bit before turning towards his own computer to see the deal's contract appear, just finalized by Legal.

"You made a profit off their patents," he hummed, skimming through the details.

"I've gained you shares as well," she said, in a matter-of-fact tone. She turned back to the couch and coiled herself against the right arm after opening her laptop to bring it to life.

Lex chuckled softly and walked towards the chair across from her so he could start dictating his plans for LexCorp. They managed to cover two of his projects when Clark called Lex. According to Lex, the teen was undergoing a crisis of love and life. Clark entered to see Tyla, typing away at her computer while Lex received him. Tyla was about to leave but Clark told her that maybe she could give her input as well. He started to talk about Alicia while Lex walked over to the cart to pour himself a drink. He turned to Tyla, offering only to get a look from her that suggested that perhaps he should hold off the drinks.

"You go on one date with this girl," he started to say once his friend finished. "And already she's sneaking into your bedroom, putting sexy pictures of herself in your locker, and practically asking your parents to book the wedding chapel." He smirked. "What's your secret, Clark?" He heard Tyla groan in disgust. He looked over and his smirk grew wider as the woman gave him a glare for the ages.

"This isn't funny, Lex." Clark protested. "We barely know each other and she's already acting like we're soul mates." He looked to Tyla for support.

"Look, in my experience, a person doesn't develop this kind of fixation unless she's been encouraged to think the relationship is more than just casual." Lex said as he looked over to Tyla who rolled her eyes. "Oh, like you didn't know." She had done damage control on more than one occasion pertaining to his own love life.

"You're saying to Clark that he led her on?" Tyla raised an eyebrow in disbelief. Clark hardly seemed like the type of man to coax a girl.

"I'm saying I've been there, on both ends," Lex shrugged.

"Please!" Tyla scoffed, closing her laptop, and getting up from the couch. "You're the poster boy for leading women on."

Lex gave her a look. "Who have I led on lately?"

"Emily.

"She knew what she was getting into."

"Rachel?"

"What do you expect after a one-night stand?"

That's a bit true, the blonde thought but she wouldn't admit that to him. "Okay, Samantha?"

"In my defense, you were the one who threw her out and said you were taking the trash out. You broke her heart for me." Tyla tried hard not to chuckle. That woman was snooping through his study and bedroom to find any excuse to see him again. When Tyla caught her, Samantha projected her insecurities on the personal assistant and called her a charity case.