Reminiscence

A/N: I don't own Smallville or any characters and places in the DC universe. Nor do I own the episodes that these chapters are based and contained from.

I also don't claim to be a writer. My inspiration is simply to get a creative outlet going.

I only own Tyla Nevin and what pertains to her character story.

____________________________________________________________

Due to the conversation and the fact that she had thrown away most of her inhibitions to Lex, Tyla couldn't help but be distant from that last encounter. She had buried herself in work at Metropolis, flitting through files, and putting together a string of interviews for Lex. She had finished an itinerary for the next couple of weeks for him before heading back home when she was met with rain. The dollops of water hit her car hard as she left the parking from the plaza. Then, a thunderstorm had fully broken out as she reached the borders of Smallville, making it hard to see even with the wipers clearing the monsoon that seem to be forming. All she desired was to go to sleep and rest up over the weekend but as she reached the considerably muddy driveway, it seemed unlikely.

She steered the jeep to the roundabout, seeing a figure out on the terrace of Lex's room. She made a face of confusion as she parked the jeep right outside the entrance. She reached for her umbrella and shuffled out of the car to inspect. Surely, Lex wouldn't be out in the rain. Even at this hour, why would he be up? She squinted in the dark and tred towards the side of the building only to freeze as the figure let out a blood-curdling scream.

Instantly, she dropped her umbrella and sped into the mansion. Uncaring how she was already dripping wet and muddy, she sprinted up the stairs, down the hallway then into his room. She barged in with the full force of her body, silently thanking the higher powers that it wasn't locked. She glanced towards the floor-to-ceiling windows revealing the terrace. Lex stood on the ledge, inches from falling forward. "Lex!" She called out to him, quickly running to the entrance of the terrace, her hands gripping frame to keep her grounded from the wind and rain. "LEX!"

"JULIAN! JULIAN! JULIAN!"

"Lex," she moved from the doorway and took steady steps out onto the terrace. Lex seemed to be in some sort of trance. "Come down from there!"

"JULIAN! JULIAN! JULIAN!"

As Tyla approached cautiously, she could see that he had tears in his eyes. Lightning flashed, causing the blonde to jump. She rushed back into his room. Without thinking, she grabbed the ends of his duvet comforter and yanked it off the king-sized bed. As Lex screamed into the night, she came back and dropped the comforter at the entrance. She extended her arm forward, hoping maybe her voice and touch would wake him somehow.

"Lex, I have you, come back to me" she spoke as she curled her fingers around his hand. She repeated the words, this time her voice was raised enough to beat the thundering and the rain. She wouldn't take any chances. With her other hand, Tyla grabbed his arm and pulled him back. Lex fell back onto the terrace floor and almost on to her. Quickly, she grabbed the comforter and wrapped it around him. She started to lift him up, trying to give him cover from the rain. After a moment, Lex slowly came out of his reverie. He looked around and leaned into her arm. "Lex, what were you doing?" Tyla asked, trying to shed the shakiness from her voice.

Lex shrugged off part of the comforter and reached up to touch Tyla's face. He looked around again. His face grew more confused by the second. "Where...am I?" He asked her.

*****

Even after she had gone back to collect her umbrella and park her car into the garage, she was still dutifully checking in on Lex. She had given him some chamomile tea after she helped him get settled back into his room but only went to sleep until after Lex drifted off. Even so, she waited at least an hour after to see if he would sleepwalk or sleeptalk.... whatever that was.