003

WITH WILL AND JACKIE GONE,   Veronica sighed heavily and went over to Cole, holding her hand out for him to take. "What's up, Ronniekins?"

Veronica gave him a deadpanned look, asking herself if he was serious right now. "She probably hates me already, I mean I got water on her clothes that I probably can't even buy if I work for a whole month in the Lark," Veronica lamented as she took Cole's hand and pulled him up, knowing that otherwise he would never get up to bring the boxes to Jackie's room.

Cole held her hand in his and squeezed it tightly, "What do you mean? I only saw Albert getting water on her clothes. Speaking of clothes, I'll get us some." He walked off to get himself a shirt and something for Veronica to dress in. Well, they weren't getting the boxes, but at least Cole moved away from the pool; Veronica counted it as a win.

Veronica watched him leave and then sat down at the edge of the pool, putting her feet in the water and looking at the little waves each of her movements created.

While she was sitting there, her thoughts wandered back to Jackie. She had known ever since Cole told her about his new housemate, that they would have to be more careful, since she wouldn't just think that all of her and Cole's interactions were purely based on their lifelong friendship.

Her thoughts were interrupted by someone tapping on her right shoulder but as she looked over, there was no one there, however to her left stood Cole, a shirt (unfortunately) thrown over his exposed chest and a yellow dress in his hands.

"I don't get how you still fall for that one," Cole told Veronica as he helped her up.

While Cole tied up the back of the yellow maxi dress, Veronica only shrugged, "Me neither, Coley-bear."

The boy groaned and put his head on her shoulder, wrapping his arms around her from behind, "Ugh, I hate that nickname. Can't you come up with a better one?"

Veronica freed herself from his embrace, cautiously looking around whether anyone had seen this show of affection or not. "I'll do that when you are more welcoming to Jackie, now come on, let's carry her boxes up."

She placed a short kiss on his cheek before walking off, Cole staying behind to take in how the maxi-dress hugged her body and flew around her legs as she walked away.

The girl turned around and shook her head at him, her braids flying around with her abrupt movement. "You coming?" She shouted over and watched as he finally set into motion, trying his best to run over to her, though one of his legs limped behind a bit.

Veronica felt pity rise in herself as she watched him and knowing that he would immediately notice the look in her eyes, she turned around and continued walking.

The pair stood in front of the barn, looking over the numerous boxes with their many labels.

"I'll do this on my own, you go help Danny rehearse a monologue or something," Cole told Veronica, not wanting her to carry the heavy boxes.

Veronica rolled her eyes and went inside the barn picking up a smaller and lighter box. "'ll just take the lighter ones, if you're gonna do this alone you'll be carrying boxes around until tomorrow."

Cole sighed in defeat and followed her inside the barn, though having a flash of inspiration, he closed the door in order to be hidden from everyone. He went over to Veronica with a proud grin on his face as he brushed his hair back and out of his face. "Fine, but first, I think you're gonna have to give me a kiss."

"Let me think about it," she said as she took a step back for each step he took in her direction. "I missed you, so we should kiss, but then again, you threw me in the pool, that's a pretty good reason not to kiss you." She went on with this thought process until she finally hit a wall with her back and looked up at Cole who put his hand next to her head.

The two of them stared one another in the eyes, subconsciously, their bodies moved in closer, until finally, their lips met each other. They kissed each other. At first softly while holding one another, then the kiss turned into something much more passionate.

They took a second to catch their breath and then returned to kissing one another, Veronica's hands moving to his neck and moving up and down there, tugging at and playing with the hair, knowing that Cole loved it when she did this, his silent groans just encouraging her to continue.

Meanwhile, Cole moved his hands down to her waist pulling her closer and closer to him, so that nothing could fit in between the two of them.

Veronica was the first to completely pull away, her eyes still softly closed as she wished for this moment to last forever, but she knew that Will was probably already wondering what took them so long to walk from the barn to the house. "We have to go to Jackie", she told Cole and slowly removed her hands from his neck, placing one last peck on his lips.

Cole groaned in annoyance, "Jackie this, Jackie that, honestly it's the only thing I've been hearing over the past few weeks. And now I can't even make out with my girlfriend because of her?" he complained like a little child that wasn't allowed to eat candy, but he still went over and picked up a box.

HOPE speaks!

school's a bitch and my second term (semester) just started but oh well

anyway, what do we think of those two so far?

and i gotta make a huge shout out to both quora and reddit for giving me inspiration and an idea for how i will continue this story, buckle up buttercups, it won't be a peaceful ride, i can assure you that

lastly, thanks to the people who comment (you have no idea how big my grin is when reading the comments) and to all those who vote for this story !

love you lots <3