Chapter 7

Remington's POV:
Emilio and I broke eye contact when my phone started ringing. I grabbed it out of my pocket and checked the caller ID. It was Venus.

"Hello," I said.

"Where the fuck are you Remington? I went by the clinic to bring you lunch and you're not there. Did you lie to me," she yelled. I looked at Emilio and he was already looking at me.

Fuck. I didn't know what to say. Venus knows me like the back of her hand. She will know if I lie or not.

"I had to go somewhere. We can meet up for lunch if you want," I replied. Emilio gave me a look.

"Like tell her and you will regret it look."

"No Remington. You are not getting out of this. You lied to me. You never lie to me. Is it that big of secret to know where you went. I thought something happened to you," she cried through the speaker.

"I'm sorry V. I can explain when we get lunch, okay? It's nothing important," I answered.

"You told me you were at work and when I went by Claire said she didn't see you all morning," she said.

"I'm sorry Venus. I didn't mean to worry you. Lets go to Manetta's. I will explain everything there, I promise.," I said.

"Okay, your never allowed to lie to me again Remi. You have never lied to me. We don't keep secrets. Please don't lie to me again," she sobbed. I didn't think that she would get emotional. I did lie to her for a good reason though.

"I promise. I have to go now. Meet me at Minetta's at 2," I told her.

"Okay, I love you," she replied.

"I love you too V," I answered. I hung up the phone and put it back into my pocket. I sighed. It was 11 now. I have to meet her in 3 hours. That should give me enough time to come up with something.

"What am I supposed to tell her. She knows when I lie, okay. I have to meet her for lunch or she is going to know something is up. I won't say anything about who you are. I promise," I uttered while still remaining eye contact in my lap.

"You can go, but I'm going to have one of my bodyguards go with you. He won't be right there with you. He can sit a few tables away. It's just to be safe," he replied.

"Why do I need a bodyguard? I can handle myself just fine. I was taught self-defense," I said while looking him dead in the eye. Just because I'm tiny does not mean I'm not mighty..haha did you catch my joke..tiny but mighty. Anyways, he just looked at me with amusement dancing in his orbs. The corner of his lip tugged up for just a second until he burst out laughing. It was the best thing I have ever heard before. I started laughing too shortly after he did. My stomach started to hurt and I had tears coming out of my eyes from laughing so hard. I haven't laughed like this since mom.

Our laugher started to die down until it was just me giggling.

"You have a very cute laugh," Emilio complimented me.

"You have a very cute smile," I replied back.

"Well thankyou," he said.

"I'm serious though, I can beat someone's ass if I need to," I told him with a straight face.

"I'm sure you can Miele, whatever you say," he replied with a smirk etched onto his face.

I snickered a little and he just smiled at me. It was true though, he has a very adorable smile. His smile is so temping and sensuous. Something keeps pulling me towards him. It makes me want to kiss him. My first kiss was taken forcefully and every single one after that. I've never actually kissed someone back before. But every single cell in my body is pulling me towards this man.