Chapter 25

Remington's POV:
I looked down and notice the call is from Lisa. She said she is good friends with Adira so she must have mentioned something to her. I press the green accept button and put the phone to my ear.

"Hello"

"Hello Remi. It's Lisa. I heard about the show. I'm really happy for you."

"Thankyou. I'm excited about it."

"I bet. I'm going to be there for the show. I can't wait to see you model."

"You're coming?"

"Yes. This is your first time and I wouldn't miss it."

There was a long pause with neither of us saying a word. I wanted to ask how Venus was but was also nervous about everything.

"Venus is fine Remi."

"How did you know I was going to ask about her?"

"I could tell. She's your best friend. She's been going insane without you."

"She's the one person I truly trusted with everything and has been lying to my face for 5 years."

"I don't think the decision you made was a bad one Remi. I can see where your coming from but you also have to see it from Venus's point of view. She couldn't say anything. She took an oath to Emilio and this family. If she said anything, she would have been labeled as a traitor."

By now I'm breathing hard because I know she is right but I also can't help but be disappointed. I've trusted Venus with everything and she couldn't trust me with this. I would have never told anyone.

"Look, I don't mean to upset you Remi. Venus is taking it hard. She doesn't eat as much, stays in bed more, and is always in a bad mood. It's been over a year Remi. Maybe you should give her a call?"

"I'll call her after the show. I'm already stressed and having a conversation with Venus will just raise my blood pressure more. As soon as the show is over I will call her."

"Okay, Remi. I look forward to seeing you at the show. Take care of yourself."

"I will. Goodbye, Lisa."

"Goodbye."

I hang up the phone and continue my walk. I'll call Venus when the show and after party is over with. I know how she feels because I miss Venus every minute of everyday. She's my best friend. The person I trust more than anyone. The person I have lived with for 5 years. My sister.

I make my way back to the hotel and up to our suite. I walk through the door and find Adira sitting on the couch watching Lucifer with a glass of wine in her hand. She looks over her shoulder at me and her eyes go wide and she smiles.

"Wow. I love your hair Remi. The blonde really suites you. I live the length too."

"Thankyou. I wasn't sure if I would like it or not but I needed a change."

"It looks good."

I smile and sit down on the sofa beside her and put my feet up onto the coffee table and lean my head back against the couch.

"It's been a long day."

I look over at Adira and she's already looking at me. "Yes it has," I reply.

I think I'm going to go to sleep. We have work in the morning. I know this little cafe down the street. Maybe we can go and get breakfast?"

"That sounds nice." I smile and stand up. Adira stands and takes off down the hallway to her bedroom. I head to mine and take a quick shower and change into pajamas and jump into bed and make quick time falling asleep.

———————
Hope you enjoy this chapter lovlies:)

Love,
Emily❤️

MieleOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara