Chapter 8

⚠️Trigger Warning: Mention of rape and abuse⚠️

Remington's POV:
After I heard the gasp from Emilio, I started crying. I knew he would hate them. I mean who would want a girl who is damaged. I like Emilio and it has only been a few hours since I met him. When Gio told me I would be meeting him, I thought I would hate him.

"Remi, who did this," he asked. His voice cracked as if he was truly hurt to see them.

"M-my father," I replied with fat tears coming down my face.

I turned back around to face him. Emilio's eyes were red and I watched as a tear escaped his globe. I didn't think he would be affected considering he is a mafia boss. I thought those guys never cried? I guess I was wrong.

More tears escaped his eyes as he just stared at the flooring beside him. I reached my little hands over and grabbed his big ones. He looked back up and me and I spoke,

"They don't hurt. Not anymore. They are just there. When I kissed you, I thought you would want more. Sex. I didn't want to have sex right now because I was afraid that if you saw them you would freak out and hate me, so I pushed you away. Venus says I always do that. I'm sorry," I explained with a few tears escaping my tear duct.

"I would never hate you Miele. I'm so sorry he did that to you. I will kill the bastard. You didn't deserve that. No one does," he told me with water in his eyes.

"It's okay. I have learned to live with them and they don't hurt they are just ugly," I replied. "You don't have to kill anyone," I laughed lightly.

He smiled at me but I knew he wasn't convinced. We just held hands for a few moments until he voiced,

"What did he do to you?"

The question took my by surprise. My fathers face started popping up in my head. Haziness clouded my vision. I feel like I'm suffocating but I'm breathing just fine. My heart started beating faster.

"I u-um," I stuttered.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to ask that. It just kinda slipped. You don't have to answer Miele," he replied.

I nodded my head and pulled my hands away from his and leaned back against the wall with my knees pulled up to my chest and I wrapped my arms around them. He leaned back against the elevator doors and spread his legs out. God, that is so attractive.

I was having a battle in my head of whether or not if I should tell him. I mean he is a mafia boss. He has connections. I would rather him find out from me than someone else. So, after a few minutes of the unnecessary conflict in my head and sitting there in the comfortable silence, I talked.

"My father would hit me for fun. It started when I was 14. Most of the time it was just punches and kicks and his belt but he started getting more aggressive with me. He would use whips and knives. He would slice a very small, shallow cut so it would burn more and then he would pour alcohol on them. I would scream and beg him to stop but he never would. He would threaten my mother's life if I did anything. My mother had cancer. She battled for a long time. She was in the hospital most of the time so she never knew what went on at home. Thats why most of the scars are on my back. He wanted to make sure she never knew. He would threaten her life if I were to ever tell anyone. He told me he would stop her treatments if I did.

He started getting worse. He would take a blowtorch and burn me but only for a few seconds because it would make a hole in my skin. The skin would separate and then it would bubble like water would when it boils and then it would form blisters on the top. That was probably the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. That is the big one on my shoulder. After I learned to deal with the pain and quit screaming he didn't like that. He fed off of watching me squirm and try and push him away. So he started raping me and forcing me to do other things for his friends. The first time he did it I bled until he stopped. I screamed and tried to push him away but he wouldn't stop. He would let his friends do stuff too.