Chapter 20

Remington's POV:
"So, I'm Adira Verlice. Lisa called me and said that you wanted an interview. I'm not beating around the bush. I ask you questions, you answer and I will decide if you are good enough," she replied in a flat tone.

I just nodded my head okay. She pulled some papers out of the file folder and placed them in front of her.

"Your name is Remington Mae Taylor. You were born on April 9. You are 22 years old. Raised in an orphanage because your parents passed away. Played 3 sports. And have a job at Bayside Animal Clinic in New York. Is that correct?"

"Yes." She nodded and pulled another paper out.

"These are the measurements that Lisa emailed to me. You are sure these are completely correct?"

"Yes. I measured them with Lisa."

She nodded again and put everything in the folder and looked back up at me. She studied me for a minute before speaking,

"Why do you wish to do modeling?"

"I have always wanted to model. I used to look at fashion magazines when I was younger and always pictured myself as them," I responded but leaving the part about my mothers influences out.

"What do you wish to do if you model? Fashion, runway, lingerie, swimsuits, wedding, fitness?"

"Runway or fashion."

"Okay."

"If possible, I would like to be covered. Like my back covered mostly. I don't like exposing myself too much."

She looked at me with a brow raised and then started laughing. I just sat there and watched her.

"Sweetheart, this is modeling. You will be changing in front of people, being in front of hundreds of people if I decide to pick you. If this isn't something you are comfortable with then you need to leave. I'm not wasting my time."

"I-I just have some spots on my back that I prefer not to show."

"What do you mean?"

"Some scars," I replied while keeping my head down.

"Okay. Yeah I guess. I can try to keep your back covered. I can pick some girls that I trust to help you change."

"Thankyou."

She nodded. "Do you have any tattoos?"

"I have one on my side. It's small."

The tattoo I have on my side is a little butterfly and 'My Little Butterfly' written in my mother's handwriting. She wrote me this not when I was sick and left it on my nightstand. I always kept it and then got it tattooed. She said she called me her little butterfly because she said I was beautiful and delicate like a butterfly. She told me that when I'm older to spread my wings and fly and pursue my dreams. She always said she would be on the sidelines cheering me on every step of the way. Even now I believe she is watching me and is hopefully proud of me.

"What is the tattoo?"

"It is a little butterfly with some writing. It is only the size of my index finger right beneath my breast."

She nodded again and got up from her seat and took the file folder with her and went over to her desk and placed the folder inside the drawer. She sat down at the chair behind her desk and I turned my chair around to face her. We just looked at each other for a few minutes until she spoke up,

"Have me met before?"

"No. I don't believe so."

"You just look so familiar."