Chapter 3

**Mike called the group chat accidently when he meant to only call Eleven, but he felt bad about hanging up on them, so he stayed with that** 

**El answered**

**Dustin and Lucas answered**

Mike: Hi!

El: Hey...

Lucas: Hi

Dustin: Hello!

**awkward silentness**

Dustin: what's up with all the quiet...?

Lucas: I don't know, but I got news today!

Mike: Tell us please!

**El just stays silent because she's mad at Mike for leaving her on read**

Lucas: So the news is that I finally heard from Will! He's coming back from D&D Camp tomorrow!

Mike: Holy fluff! HALLELUJAH, I'VE BEEN OUT-NUMBERED!

El: yea you are one to talk.

Lucas: oooooooooo what's up with you, El? Something's bothering you.

Dustin: I thought I was the only one who noticed.

El: Mik-

**Mike cuts her off** Mike: Nothing.

El: wow. 

**El leaves the group call**

Lucas: Dang Mike, you are in deep fluff now.

Dustin: for real.

Mike: Yea I know.. **frowns and starts to feel bad**

Dustin: but....anyways. Lucas! you heard from Will? **smiles**

Lucas: Yup

Dustin: ugh dang, I gotta call Suzie before she gets mad at me. Talk to y'all later!

Lucas: Peace

Mike: Bye...

**Dustin leaves group call**

Lucas: you ok, Mike?

Mike: not really....I miss El....so much.. **his eyes start getting watery**

Lucas: It's ok, don't worry. She'll come to her senses, she always has. 

Mike: yea. true.

Lucas: well....it's getting late, so I might just head to bed.

Mike: Exactly, how is it already 11:30?

Lucas: dunno. **laughs**

Mike: **laughs**

Lucas: alright peace out, homie.

Mike: peace.

**they both leave the call**

**Mike texts El** Mike: Goodnight darling, I'm sorry for today. I miss you already..

**El texts back** El: It's ok. I miss you too.

**Mike replies** ok goodnight.

**El decides to leaves him on read, and then 10 minutes later falls asleep**

**At 4:32 AM, Mike has a nightmare about losing El to the demogorgon. He wakes up from the nightmare, absolutely mortified** 

**Mike texts her again** Mike: would you ever leave me..

**El wakes up from the sound of a notification, and texts back** El: no, never.

**Mike blushes and replies** Mike: ok  you should go to sleep and I'll skip work for you tomorrow

**El replies** El: oki bye

**they both actually stay up and over-think. El is thinking about Will, meanwhile Mike is thinking about El.**

**8:54**

**El gets up to get ready** Her outfit:

**Mike also gets up** His outfit:

Meanwhile...

Steve: we're late for work, dang it- 

Robin: you think??

Steve: yea **rolls eyes

**Robin remains quiet while they get in the car, go to work, and reach the mall.**

**Steve and Robin just sit there in the parking lot for a minute, day-dreaming off to where they don't realize they are. Then Steve snaps out of it, and then disturbs Robin from hers.**

Steve: well. I- um.

Robin: yea...

**Steve leans over and kisses her cheek. Robin smiles, and then they get out of the car.**

(Mike is already there by the way.)

**Mike texts Steve** Mike: dude where the hell are you?? Erica is wanting 5 sundae samples again!

**Steve ignores it**

**Robin and Steve both walk into Scoops Ahoy.**

Mike: I- where have you been??

Robin: traffic.

Mike: oh ok. Anyways, handle Erica while I order more ice cream ingredients.

Robin: Why can't Steve do it??

Mike: Because I said so.

**the boys smirk**

**Meanwhile Lucas and Dustin are at the airport picking up Will**