chapter 4

INSIDE THE VILLAGE

GRIFFIN SQUAD

M4A1

M16: LEFT SIDE LEFT SIDE!!!

The situation quickly when from normal to dangerous. The ELID were coming in wave and it did not seem to stop anytime soon. Each one we kill, the other fill the gaps. Our ammo was starting to running low.

AR-15: We won't last long if this continues like this.

She was right. Despite everything we were throwing at them, they just keep coming.

M4A1: Mister doc, we won't last long, how much time do you need?

Doc: we have finished collecting what we need. We are sending the data as we speak. Just a little more.

I let a sigh before shooting at two ELID approaching. I hope everything was worth it.

SV-98: We got another group coming from the south.

M4A1: Understood. Any new from the commander?

SV-98: Negatif, we seem to be jammed by something.

M4A1: ...Understood.

This was bad. With no contact with HQ, we can't ask for support.

G36: They are breaking through!

M4A1: Fall back toward the tent! Hold the line!!!

This was our last stand, if we fail now, it was over.

M4A1: We can do it!!! Keep engaging!!!

A storm of bullets was sent. A lot of ELID falls but it was not enough. To make matter worse... it was our last mags.

M4 Sopmod: Uh oh.

M4A1: Doctor! Come, we have to go!

Doc: But the Data...

M4A1: No time! Come quick!

M16 grabs him and we all start to run away from the horde. Suddenly a missile strikes right in the middle of the ELID just as multiple helicopters fly right above us.

Pilot: Ground team, this is HYDRA. Do you need a lift?

Doc: Hydra, This is doc. You are right on time. I guest the director send you?

HYDRA: Affirmative. We came as fast as we could. Get everyone on board, we are leaving.

Boarding we did. Once everyone was in, the helicopter takes off just as the ELID swarm the landing zone.

M16: That was too close. Where are we going?

HYDRA: To our main camp. From there, we will contact your superior to let them know of the situation.

Everyone remained silent after that. Some fall asleep while others just look by the window. In my case, one question keeps coming again and again.

M4A1: "thinking" First, armed men with advanced equipment, and now armed helicopter with missile...

WHAT IS GOING ON?

Here the new chapter. Sorry, it is short. I don't have much to add this time so..... I hope you enjoy it and I see you all next time.

SEE YA