Chapter 5 : Expedition

Mediterrina River, No Man's Land

The Festina squad was sitting quietly on a cruise ship. Private Vasques watching the vast river while Doctor Elimidor was sleeping peacefully at the bridge. Lieutenant Rina checking their Wrist Terminal if it's working properly, and she browses the Spacenet looking for some updates.

"Doctor Elmidor wake-up we are close. Sergeant Nicholas and Private Vasques please ready the Armored Jeep and supplies. Sergeant Satsuki takes a look at the guns if there's something missing out" Lieutenant Rina orders her squad as they prepare to descent.

"Roger that" The whole squad saluted to the Lieutenant and began to prepare the Armored Jeep and supplies.

When they finally arrive at their destination, they quickly put their supply and ammunition inside the Armored. They went to the alleged man-made track. The road is bumpy, but due to the armored Jeep advanced suspension system, it was a smooth ride.

They followed the man-made track for about three hours, and it's already dark outside before they saw a town. They thought of spending the night in that town and equipped with Camouflage Net to hide the Armored Jeep in the woods. Doctor Elmidor wondering about the humanoid creatures they saw in the photos and put a black robe to hide their uniforms.

The Festina squad was wearing a black firefighter-like suit attached with hydraulic exoskeleton armor. Their guns are also hidden an M4 Carbine rifle guided bullets in the back, a foldable MP5-AS submachine gun, and a Glock-98 smart pistol. Unlike the whole squad Doctor Elmidor's attire didn't change much.

They approach the town entrance of when they're stopped by two guards humanoid creatures holding sharp spears. The two creatures look very much like humans compared to the Green Creature they encounter in the Forest.

"Who are you and where are you from" The men guarding the entrance of the town asked. Lieutenant Rina was surprised that she understand these creatures. She remembered that their Wrist Terminal was installed with a universal translator that connected to their earplug.

"We are the Festina. Travelers from the City of Solum. We saw this town while traveling for three hours, and we thought of spending the night here" Lieutenant Rina answered the two guards question.

"City of Solum, I never heard that place" The other guard pointed the spear at Lieutenant Rina when one old man came.

"Elder !!" The two guards stood up straight when they saw the old man.

"What's going on here?" The old man asked the two about what's happening in the entrance, and one of the guards answers. "Travelers from the unknown city, they want to spend the night here"

"Let them be" The Elder approved the squad to spend the night at the town but the guards are against the Elder decision. " Elder we can't allow these strangers !!".

"It's okay, I'll tell what's going on in this town to these travelers" the Elder looked at the strange traveler and explained what's happening in the town.

"You can spend the night here, but every night children, adults, women or men suddenly disappeared for no apparent reason" The atmosphere becomes heavy after the Elder explains about the sudden disappearance of the town inhabitants.

"H-How long has this been going on?" Doctor Elmidor nervously asked.

"About a week and two, after we saw something huge dark thing in the sky. They are talking about it was made by demons." The Elder answered the Doctors question in a controlled tone.

"A week and two, demons?" Lieutenant Rina realized something. It was the day that the Solum Colony ship landed. Lieutenant Rina was deeply in thought when Sergeant Satsuki whispered to her ear.

"El-ti I guess there's another reason. We are not the one responsible for the loss here, and we are accused of being demons." Lieutenant Rina nods at Sergeant Satsuki's whisper.

"Now you know why the entrance is heavily guarded still want to continue?" The Elder gives choice. The whole squad discusses what decision should they make.

"Maybe, I'll stay in the carriage we left at the woods" Doctor Elder walked towards the hiding Armored Jeep when Lieutenant Rina pulled him back.

"Doctor Elmidor, We are going to stay here. We need to clear our name from these false accusations that may cause a war to the Natives." When the Doctor realized what Lieutenant Rina talking about, he nods.

"Are you done talking? What is your decision?" The Elder asked the girl who looks like the leader of the strange travelers.

"We will spend the night here" Lieutenant Rina answered, and the Elder invited them to walk towards their place. "Come and I will take you to your place."