Chapter 26 : Thornhollow Forest

Five goblins roamed the Thornhollow Forest while carrying baskets made of woven Peakwood leaves in their back to find food. Ink and Argarg are the hunters, Jib and Griz are the guards and Urnk is their leader.

"Hurry, search food! Zag see strange metal monster forest early"

Everyone nodded at Urnk's command. Satisfied, he also helped his companion to find food. A few minutes later, they had almost collected a basket full of fruit, then they noticed a movement in the grass.

"Jib, Griz, sound" Urnk turned to his companions, but he didn't see the two-guards. "Agarg, Ink , Jib and Griz where? "

"Don't know" Ink replied, while still busy collecting fruits and wild plants.

"They went north watch and helped collect" Agarg pointed towards the north then went back to collecting fruits.

Urnk was confused but he just ignored it. He thought that the two should return before dark.

"Jib, Griz will come back only collect food". He was about to take the fallen fruit when he suddenly heard a loud shout.

"AAAAAHHH HELP !!"

Urnk stood up from his position and lowered his basket. He quickly went toward his two companions, but he only saw blood. Shocked, a sweat dripped from his forehead.

"Ink! Agarg! Where?!" He put his two hands on his mouth like a megaphone and called the two goblins.

No one heeded his call except for the sound of quick movement that was rushing towards him. Urnk didn't hesitate; he left the three baskets and immediately ran. It was ignored by the unknown pursuer and continued to chase him. It was getting closer and faster, even faster than human mounts.

A dozen of black dogs had leaped out from the grass and bit Urnk. His eyes widened in shock and screamed at the pain as the black dog devoured his neck.

"Help !!" Urnk continued to struggle, but moments later he was completely out of breath. He had become dog food.

------

[Thornhollow Forest, UN Expedition Team]

The armored jeep had stopped. Prince Edward and Ariel went down after the team had confirmed it was safe. The Marines took out the cooking wares while Private Vasques and Sergeant Nicholas prepared the ingredients.

"What are you going to cook? A pasta dish?" Prince Edward curiously asked then Private Vasques took out the Spaghetti Noodles.

"Spaghetti! One of my favorites"

It was obvious from Private Vasques' face that he liked "Is-pag-ge-ti". Due to Private Vasques' expression, this made Prince Edward and Ariel more curious.

"What is this Is-pa-ge-ti you are talking about? Sounds delicious even the name was difficult to pronounce"

"A staple food of traditional Italian cuisine. Like other pasta, it's also made of milled wheat and water," Private Vasques gave a detailed reply "but for now we will cook Filipino-style!"

Lieutenant Rina felt amused and was smiling in one corner as she sliced a dozen of onions. Sergeant Satsuki, on the other hand, was heating the water for pasta.

"Lieutenant Rina what is this red wiggly-wiggly thing?" Ariel approached the Lieutenant and asked about the thing she was holding.

"Oh, that? We call it a hotdog. It's a kind of sausage, and it's delicious"

Lieutenant Rina quickly finished slicing the ​​onions which showcased her professional cooking skills .She then asks Ariel to give the hotdogs to her. Ariel who heard Lieutenant Rina swiftly moved and had flawlessly delivered the hotdogs. She then quickly sliced the hotdogs the moment it was delivered.