Chapter 30 : Magic Research

[United Nations Colony, Solum City, Laboratory Building A]

Doctor Elmidor opened the glass door heading towards Laboratory Building A accompanied by Major Tae-Joon.

As the doors opened, the cold breeze coming from the Air conditioning device along with a dozen scientists greeted him. Scientists were excited at the once in a lifetime opportunity to work with the famous scientist back on Earth.

"Good Day, Doctor Elmidor" An English Scientist in his mid-thirties approached Doctor Elmidor.

"I'm Doctor Christopher Dawson, one of the scientists willing to work on this research."

Doctor Elmidor adjusted his pair of glasses and shook hands with Christopher.

"I'm Doctor Elmidor, glad to work with you, Doctor Dawson."

Doctor Dawson smiled then looked at the standing Major.

"Major Tae-Joon, can you give us a moment? I want to show Laboratory Building B to Doctor Elmidor."

"No problem" The Major nodded then sat on the sofa lobby.

Along with other scientists, Doctor Elmidor toured the entire Laboratory building until they reached Lab B.

Doctor Elmidor marveled at the new and strange equipment. He didn't recognize most of it that so he tried to touch it to satisfy his curiosity.

"This was well funded by the government," Doctor Elmidor touched his chin then nodded. "Everything looks new."

"Yes, this research is treated very highly that the government gave this much equipment," Doctor Dawson approached Doctor Elmidor and tapped his shoulder "With your leadership and experience, mankind will achieve its new heights!"

Doctor Dawson left Doctor Elmidor and walked towards the strange large cryo machine. He typed the number code on a calculator-like box then the case of the cryo machine opened.

"This is ..." Doctor Elmidor was astonished. He could not believe what he saw.

"Yes, the government gifted this to you."

Doctor Dawson smiled as he touched the glass of the cryo machine containing a human-like figure. It was none other than the bandit leader, Taruc."

"How? I thought there's no specimen taken from the Fortress checkpoint other than the mana stones given by the Prince?"

"You're wrong Doctor," Doctor Dawson smiled as he enjoyed Doctor Elmidor's expression. "We scientists are always curious. This is something we can't ignore."

"You still didn't answer my question Doctor Dawson" Doctor Elmidor's eyes become sharp as blades.

"Hahaha... don't be mad Doctor, we secretly sent a PMC squad to get one specimen" Doctor Dawson looks at Doctor Elmidor seriously "We did it because one of your comrades has the potential to ruin our research. We didn't want her to know about this."

"Her? Did you mean Lieutenant Rina?"

"You shouldn't ask more Doctor,"

Doctor Dawson closed the cryo machine case then walked towards the computer. He pressed a specific button then data poured into the large screen.

"The day before you come back, we did an autopsy of the specimen and was shocked at our findings," Doctor Dawson pressed the button again then a disgusting photo appeared on the screen. "We discovered this strange organ that radiates waves similar to nukreon energy."

"Continue," Doctor Elmidor was engulfed by curiosity at the new-found organ.

"The organs stores and convert the waves into energy," Doctor Dawson pressed the button again. "We call it 'Mana Furnace' as it stores energy."