Chapter 8 : Topics

Plains of No Man's Land, UN Solum Colony

Elena and Stewart entered the Huge Iron Gate. The two were shocked at the wide flat road, and various magical carriages. One of these carriages can lift heavy soil, and the other can carry a lot of people, but the strangest of all is an iron carriage with a solid steel nose boarded by strange guards.

The two locals seem gone to another world when they entered the Huge Iron Gate. They were amazed and also frightened at the Iron People capable to do. A few minutes later, a man in black dress approached them with his very long magic carriage.

"I am Jonathan Smith, Ambassador of the UN Solum Colony." The man introduced himself to both of them.

"I am Stewart von Guenot, Commander of the Fourteenth Griffon Squad from Roginia Empire. I'm glad to meet you Sir Jonathan" Commander Stewart introduced himself to Ambassador Jonathan and placed his hand close to the heart and bend his knee to bow.

"I am Rank 6 knight Elena Silverwing, we want to talk with your master" Elena introduced herself and also imitated what Commander Stewart did. Bowing was an homage of Nobility in the Empire.

"First, get on board and I'll take you to Governor Steven's office." They followed Ambassador Jonathan. As they boarded the Limousine, they were surprised in the magic carriage's chair softness.

When the magic carriage started, they could hardly notice that it was driving. It was very comfortable that It couldn't compare to Empire carriages.

"Refreshments?" Ambassador Jonathan opens the refrigerator and offered the cola bottle in both of them. They were surprised at the cold and foamy drink. It can't be compared to the wine of fruit juice.

The two wanted to ask the beverages and the boxy thing that kept it cold, but they hesitated and just continue to drink.

As they approach the city, the magic carriage stopped for inspection. When they entered, their eyes widened in surprise at the series of towering stone buildings. It was higher than the Imperial Capital's Dragon Tower.

They also noticed that the was very clean and tidy. The buildings were built in glass, and the road is packed with magic carriages. The two wondered how rich the lord this city was.

"Stewart, after we meet the Lord we must immediately inform this to the Emperor." Elena suggested to Commander Stewart as they look into the towering glass buildings.

"You're right, we already saw how strong these Iron People was. We need to pass it in diplomatic relation than starting a war" Commander Stewart replied as he scraps the idea of stealing the Legacy. They can't afford to start a war with these Iron Peoples when they're currently fighting against the other continent.

The two talked intensely when the vehicle stopped, the ambassador spoke again.

"Commander Stewart and Ms. Elena, we are already here" Ambassador Jonathan said. The two stopped talking as they approached the black metal castle.

"What is this??" They both said at once while gulping back their saliva.

-------

Mysterious Town, North-East of No Man's Land

It was already passed noon when the whole squad got the map towards Beiruth Kingdom and decided to leave the Frondoso town.

"Even their magic carriage are very mysterious" The towns Elder whispered as they bowed to the departing magic carriage.

"Elder, is it really okay for us to exchange these scales with a map? It was very important" The right-hand man asked the elder.

"Of course that map was exchanged for the growth of this town and I know that this isn't the last time we will see them" The town's Elder replied to the right-hand man.

------------

The whole squad has been traveling for two hours. They still can't see the border checkpoint towards Beiruth Kingdom.

"El-ti, How far are we from the border of Beiruth Kingdom?" Private Vasques asked the Lieutenant impatiently.

"According to the map, we just need to follow this track up to the north. It will take about one to two days when riding a horse, but with our armored jeep current speed it will be just four to five hours" Lieutenant Rina reads the map as she replied to the bored member.

"Damn!! You mean thee more hours sitting at this goddamn jeep?" The doctor complained while stretching his back.

"This is so boring. El-ti, can you tell some story?" Sergeant Satsuki asked.

"I don't have any good story to tell, but I want to ask something" Lieutenant Rina replied.

"What is it El-ti? Sergeant Nicholas was intrigued that he wants the Lieutenant to continue.

" Why you decide to migrate to this hostile planet? Compared to G-22, life on Earth are way better" Lieutenant Rina continues her question. Their squad only formed in just eight months, so, they didn't know each other that well.

"I want to travel while looking at the beautiful scenery. This kind of scenery can only be seen on the picture back in Earth" Sergeant Satsuki pointed at the vast green plains.

"My dream was traveled to stars. I'm really happy when the Colony ship Solum was built" Sergeant Nicholas smiles, reminiscing the past while driving the armored jeep.

"I'm getting tired of my corrupt country. Politicians, Businessman, or even simple citizens that's why I immediately sign-up hahaha" Private Vasques replied while laughing.

"I want to surpass my rival, Doctor Xanovavich. We knew each other since high school. I envy his achievements when he discovered the Nukereon and you El-ti?" Doctor Elmidor replied with a sad but determined face. This is the only reason he insisted on boarding the ship with the first wave colony.

"Hmmm" Lieutenant Rina thinking her reasons to migrate on this planet. " I don't know, I can't think any reasons and I'm still looking for my purpose" The whole squad looked suspiciously at Lieutenant Rina.

"Change topic! Change topic !" Lieutenant Rina can't stand her squad's suspicious look and immediately change the topic. They continue chatting until they realized that three hours had passed.

"We are close" Lieutenant Rina said. The whole squad ready their weapons as they approach closer and closer to the Border Checkpoint.