Chapter 29 : Back to UN

[United Nations Colony, Solum City, North of Soldiers' Camp]

The Fourteenth Griffon squad which is led by Commander Stewart flies through the air and exhausted from their journey.

They had only a day to rest from the Empire's Vassal State 'Silverdell' because their pursuers also searched on this state. Because of this, they immediately head straight towards the 'You-En Solum'.

"Conrad looks like we're lost! I can't see the Goblin Forest, is this the right way?"

Elena worriedly approached Conrad, a member of the Griffon squad and the squad's navigator.

"Yes, according to the Magic compass and the Magic Tracker we left at the Goblin outpost, we are close" Conrad looks at the magic crystal he was holding and pointed towards the south.

Commander Stewart just nods as he continues to ride his mythical beast while listening at the two.

"Commander Stewart! I finally found the walls of 'You-En' !" Conrad happily reports to his commander.

They took almost an hour before they found the UN's landmark, its giant concrete walls had hundreds of howitzers on its top.

They were confused, the forest that covered the whole area is now gone and it has been replaced by a flat road and different types of buildings.

"We are going to land! Let's find what is happening on the ground !"

At Commander Stewart's command, the whole squad descended from the sky and landed on the flat ground.

"Only a few weeks have passed and this place is already different," Elena gaped in awe as she looked around.

"Indeed, it was obvious how powerful this small country is" Commander Stewart agreed.

"But we heard that Imperial Wyvern Airforce was able to defeat their Iron Mosquitoes!"

"Yes, In exchange, we had a huge number of casualties from the Empire side. If we look at their perspective, the army they sent was few and also not ready by that time" Commander Stewart's expression changed into grim.

"Stewart, let's not talk about it anymore" Elena's expression also changes to grim when she saw the commander's expression.

Commander Stewart nodded and began to walk towards the wall of 'You-En'. Everyone followed him and cautiously walked at the stunningly flat road.

"Griaaaaaaahh!"

As they walked, their griffons suddenly cried out from the sudden loud bang.

"What is that sound?" Conrad asked.

"Wait, I remember this sound," Elena looks around and searched for its source "THE BLACK STAVES OF 'YOU-EN' !"

"Now that you mention it, I also remember it too," Commander Stewart looked at Elena and nodded "let's move toward the source of this sound !"

--------

Three F / A - 02 Fox is hovering in the air. They are conducting a reconnaissance mission after the radar scanner detected some intruders.

"Wolf One One to Overlord. We finally found the bandits, do we engage? Over!"

Commander Edgardo Martinez was standing at the huge screen of the headquarters, thinking about what to do. Due to strong magical interference on the radar signal, the detection was delayed.

"We need to research these magic waves as soon as possible" The commander whispered and commanded the comm tech to turn on the radio.

"Wolf One One this is Overlord. Send the recon image and wait for my command!"