Chapter 6 : Titanoboa

Mysterious Town, North-East of No Man's Land

The whole squad followed the town's Elder as they walk towards the place they spending the night. The town folks scared at the strange travelers but they're still some curiously staring at them.

"This is where you spend the night. I'm sorry that this shack is the only thing we can lend you. It hasn't been used for a long time." The Elder took them to a shack and open the door. Dust could be seen in every corner for not being used for a long time.

"It only needs a little clean, and it will be good as new." Lieutenant Rina replied to the town's Elder with a smile at her face.

"I will leave you all for a while, I will call the Shaman of this town" The Elder bowed at the squad and leave.

"Shaman ?" The whole quad didn't understand the Old man. A few minutes later the town's Elder returned with a woman named Alicia. The woman wears a white priest robe and holding a staff.

"Alicia, can you please light this house." The Elder orders the woman in a white priest robe. Alicia gives a smile and said something gibberish.

"Oh, light bless me with your holy brightness, Illumination!" A complicated circle followed by a bright ball of light appeared in the woman's palm. The whole squad was shocked and only Doctor Elmidor is still composed.

"Is that magic ?" Private Vasques asked Alicia in owes this is the first time he saw real magic.

"Yes, have you never seen magic?" Alicia asked modestly to the strange traveler with a smile.

"Never, until just now" Sergent Nicholas is the one who replied to Alicia, still couldn't believe that magic exists.

"El-ti we need to report it to the Headquarters. If war broke out between us and this magic user natives we may not win. We also don't know if there's magic like a Nuclear bomb" Sergeant Satsuki suggested.

"Please enjoy your stay here" The Doctor was about to speak when Alicia bowed and said goodbye. After the Shaman and the town's Elder left the shack Lieutenant Rina opened her Wrist Terminal and called the Headquarters.

-----------

Plains of No Man's Land, UN Solum Colony, Headquarters, 1925 Hours

Major Tae-Joon drinking his coffee freely at the Headquarters while monitoring the colony on the big screen. The other officers were busy connecting the satellite signal back to Earth when the tech comms Wrist Terminal rang and connected it to the big screen.

"Only a few hours have passed since your squad left. I'm sure it was a very important report" Major Tae-Joon smiles at the Lieutenant.

"We arrived in a town with humanoid creatures that indistinguishable from humans. Our team decides to spend the night here, and something caught our interest. Strange occurrences are happening in this town and the inhabitants of this town suspect us of being demons." Lieutenant Rina reads the report and the Major burst into laugh.

"Hahahahahaha We? A demon? Its been a while since I laughed so hard. Lieutenant Rina other than this bullshit is there something else?" Major Tae-Joon back from being serious and let the Lieutenant continue the report.

"Our Expedition team discovered that Magic exists on this planet. Doctor Elmidor secretly record some footage of the woman using magic which they called a Shaman" Lieutenant Rina played a video of a woman speaking a gibberish language and the woman's palm brightly shine.

"Is this Legit, or maybe a hoax using a flashbang ?" Major Tae-Joon is still skeptical in this magic but the other officers and tech comms in the headquarters are shocked.