Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Dylan ’s POV

I feel terrible because I basically stood up Zach on Friday night.
He might say he is okay but I know he must be mad because this was the first time in 3 years we haven't spent Friday evening together.
I know it sounds crazy but Zach is my best friend and I love hanging out with him.
He must be crazy mad because he has been ignoring me all weekend and he didn't even say goodbye on Saturday morning and just left.
I have a lot of making up to do and this is why I bought him his favourite strawberry cupcakes and some hot chocolate from our spot.
I wasn't planning on spending most of the night with Cherette but she wouldn't let me go.
After hanging out for a while at the cafe she begged me to take her out for a movie.
That's when Zach texted me to tell me he had arrived by the house.
I apologized and hoped to rush home after the movie.
I took Cherette home in a rush so that I could get home as soon as possible.
Zach always complains about my flirty twin brother and I knew if I didn't get home soon I might find Dominic dead by his hand.
But as soon as I got to her house she invited me in for some coffee which then lead to a make out session as one thing led to another.
When I got home Zach and Dominic were already asleep.
I was exhausted and didn't want to bother a sleeping Zach so I just got under the covers and allowed sleep to consume me.
I was disappointed though when I woke up alone and realised Zach had left the house.
I tried calling him but his phone was unavailable.
At one time I even called Cyrus to check if they were together but he also had not heard from him.
Now I have to do some serious damage control.

They were a few people on the class when I arrived but Zach still wasn't there.
I knew he had a free period he usually spent in class so I left his treat and a note on his desk before I rushed to my class.
I checked my phone later but he still didn't send me a message. He must really be mad.
At lunch time I made sure to buy all his favourites.
"Wow. What's with all the goodies?" Cherette asked as she sat next to me and we kissed.
"Its an apology to Zach for Friday night" I said.
"You better apologize. Zach told me you were out all night" Cyrus said before giving me a disappointed look.
"I don't care what you did man. As long as there is lots of food I'm good" Bruce said already digging in.
"He spent the evening with me and so I don't see the need for him to apologize. Are you saying being with me was a mistake" Cherette said starring and Cyrus.
"Your words not mine" he said and smiled.
He didn't like Cherette. I noticed that a long time ago but I didn't really care.
I liked her a lot and hoped one day they would get along. I wish Cyrus could be like Zach. He loved everyone.
"Being with you was not a mistake baby its jus..." I suddenly forgot what I wanted to say as I spotted someone who had just entered the cafeteria.
"Is that Zach?" Bruce broke the silence as we were all mesmerized but Zachary's new look.
"Damn he looks hot" Bruce said before he joined in the whistles that seemed to erupt when Zachary entered the building.
"You can say that again" Cyrus added.
"Umm...gross...are you guys gay?" Cherette asked looking disgusted.
"Yes we are. Do you have a problem with that?" Cyrus asked her giving his famous glare and Cherette seemed to shrink into her seat.
"No problem" she said in fear.
I was too focused on Zach to care what was going on around me.
He looked...gorgeous. Has he always looked this good? And the pink hair suits him so well. Wow.

Finally he sat down by the table and Cyrus had to chase away some guys who were trying to chat up Zachary.
He said hi to everyone and I snapped back to reality.
"Hey Zach...listen...I'm sorry about Saturday" I immediately said wanting to get over it.
I don't like it when Zach is angry with me. I basically ditched him to get laid but he doesn't have to know that part.
"No worries Dylan. I forgive you. Especially because today you bought all my favourites. And thank you for the cupcake and hot chocolate. It was the best way to start the day" he smiled and I swear my heart skipped a beat.
What is wrong with me? I have never reacted this way to Zach. 
So what if today he looks extra beautiful. He has always been beautiful and so today should be no different.
Bruce ate in silence while Cyrus and Zachary were whispering to each other.
Cherette was talking but I didn't get much of what she was saying because my mind was elsewhere.
Actually it was on Zachary.
Snap out of it Dylan. Stop drooling over your best friend and focus on your girlfriend. You're straight remember.
Even after lunch my mind was still on Zach.

Maybe I just missed him. Yes. That has to be the reason I keep thinking of him.
I will wait for him after school and ask him to hangout. Its been a while and we really need to catch up.
After school I waited for him by the parking lot as I stood with Bruce by my car.
I told Cherette I had stuff to do and so she already left.
I finally spotted him as he walked out of the school entrance but before I could move forward or call him he walked towards another car.
"Dude isn't that your twin brother? What is he doing here? Is that Zach? Why would Zach leave with him?" Bruce asked and I was as shocked as he was.
"Yes. I have no idea. Yes. I have no idea. I'm as puzzled as you are" I said as I watched my brother drive out of the school parking lot with my best friend.