Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Dylan, Dominic, Zoey and all their friends rushed into the hospital. Dominic barely got a word out from worry and Cyrus had to ask the lady by the reception what they needed to know.
They found a young lady by the waiting room who stood as soon as they arrived. 
"Dominic?" She asked and the male took a deep breath before nodding.
"How is he? Is he okay? Where is he? What happened and..." 
"Dominic calm down and give her a chance to respond" Stevie held him back and helped him calm down.
"Sorry about that" Dominic toom another deep breath before Cyrus took over as he introduced everyone to her.
"My name is Yolanda. I'm a waitress from the diner where this all happened.  I'm sorry but Zach was... he was poisoned" 
"THE F*CK" Dominic lashed out but Stevie and Jun tried their best to calm him down. They knew he was struggling and they all were. They couldn't believe that one of their closest friends was poisoned.
"Go on" Cyrus said when he got his emotions in control. 

Yolanda's POV

It was a normal evening at the diner. It was still early and so it wasn't very busy when a really handsome boy walked in. He walked straight to one of my tables. I walked up to him with a huge smile which he returned. He ordered a strawberry milkshake but told me he was expecting someone to join him.
By the time I walked out of the kitchen I saw a Trace, another waiter, leading my customer outside which I found strange but when I noticed a pretty girl by the table I assumed his +1 had arrived. I asked for her order but she said she was fine as she smiled at me. Her smile felt... very weird, very strange.
I kept an eye on her and saw her pulling the glass of strawberry milkshake closer before she mixed it and placed it back. I thought maybe they planned to share the milkshake but she stood up and sat somewhere else.
By the time Trace got back in I asked him what he was doing calling my customer outside. We were friends so he didn't hide it. 
A pretty girl who fits the description of the girl I just saw paid him $100 to call the handsome boy outside.
I rushed back to check on him and saw him drinking the milkshake. The girl then sat in front of him and by the way he looked at her it was clear they were more like enemies than friends with the way he glared at her. But I had no time to waste as I ran to get my manager before it was too late.

.......

"I didn't know what to do but I remembered our manager did a first aid course. When we got back  from his office the girl was gone but your friend lay unconscious. My boss got into action and was able to force vomit most of what he had consumed. Then I came with the ambulance and I have been waiting here ever since we got to the ER. The paramedics said it was good to pump the poison out and he will be fine. They just need to get the rest out and they will know how much damage he got after they determine what type of poison it is" she explained everything from her view, "Oh and my boss reported the girl. We have security cameras at the diner so there is more than enough evidence including Trace's testimony. All they need to do is catch her and the cops said it won't be long"

Dominic sat down on a chair and buried his face in his hands. He was relieved that Zach was safe but...
"This is all my fault" he whispered as he fought back the tears. 
"Dominic... Don't... its not your fault" Zoey was the one who spoke. 
"I'm the one who didn't pay attention to my phone. I was the one who attracted that psycho b*tch. I knew she was crazy. I knew she would make a move one day. I knew... and I couldn't protect Zach. I couldn't protect Amelia" the rest of his statement was a whisper but those who knew the story understood what he was saying. 
Dylan quietly sat next to his brother and hugged him close. The last time he saw his brother like this was when he lost Amelia. It took him forever to get over the guilt. They all hoped that it wouldn't eat him up as much as it did in the past. And they prayed that Zach would be okay.