*chapter five: relax

Finally, a night not pierced by poor Molly's screams. Emily was grateful her sister could sleep well, even if only for a night. But her own rest was interrupted by her own nightmare. She sat up against the headboard and put her forehead in her hands.

She didn't mean to wake JJ, she hadn't even realized she'd done so until she felt her girlfriend's soft hands on her arms.

"Sweetheart..."

"Sorry, my love. Didn't mean to. Go back to bed," she muttered.

JJ shook her head and rubbed Emily's arm and upper back. "Emily, are you okay? Can I get you a glass of water or something, my dove?"

"No, no, no..." Emily swallowed hard. "I'm fine. I'm sorry, baby, go back to sleep,"

"Em, what was it about? We've gotta talk about it, my dove, just like we always do." Emily knew she was right. She and JJ always discussed. It was what kept Emily's nightmares in check. It sounds dumb, but it was something Emily suggested after the first nightmare she had with JJ next to her in bed.

Emily sighed heavily and nodded. "I know. I know. I know I do,"

"Hey. I'm here. You are safe with me, Emily. I'm gonna keep you safe. Take your time, my dove." JJ held onto Emily.

"I..." Emily swallowed. "I was at home. My parents' house," she clarified, "and my dad...he—he was hitting me, and Molly had to watch, or my mom would curse her out and scream at her, and I...I couldn't stop them, I couldn't move, or tell Molly that I was okay. She couldn't hear me. And my mom, she—she made her hold a gun and point it at me, and Molly—she wouldn't pull the trigger and she just screamed and cried, and I..." Emily sobbed. JJ rubbed her back.

"Em..."

"And then I woke up. God, please, JJ, I need to check on her,"

"She's fine, Emily. Molly's okay,"

"I have to, JJ, please don't stop me," she cried. She got out of bed and went to open Molly's door. Emily just stared at her baby sister, who for once was sleeping peacefully. Maybe she was having a good dream tonight. Emily smiled, tears streaming down her face. Molly stirred.

Emily jumped at JJ's hand on her back. "See?" whispered JJ. "Molly's sleeping, dove. She's okay. Now will you come back to bed? You need to sleep,"

"Yeah," said Emily, sniffling and wiping her tears. "Okay. Thank you, Jay." JJ kissed Emily's cheek and took her back to bed.

It was a Saturday spent with the kids, Molly and Henry playing together in Henry's room of the apartment.

Emily was thankful to have a lazy Saturday with the people she loved the most. JJ loved looking in her girlfriend's eyes, at last finding the courage to be happy.

Before everything happened with Molly, JJ was planning to propose to Emily. Emily was always the one moving faster in their relationship, but for this, for marriage, she didn't want JJ to freak out. JJ was ready, though, and she wanted to be joined with Emily forever.

Though now, with everything on Emily's mind, JJ couldn't propose. It would be a joyous occasion, of course, but wedding planning would add another stressor to Emily's already insane life.

That night, JJ got in bed, grinning at Emily and kissing her neck. "Sweetheart, I owe you something tonight. Two things, actually." Emily chuckled.

"Yeah?" Emily asked. JJ stopped kissing her and put her hand on Emily's chest.

"You've been so tense, Em. Let me help you relax,"

"Yes, baby," said Emily. JJ grinned and returned to kissing her neck. JJ sucked on Emily's collarbone and made Emily gasp softly. JJ smiled. "Jay,"

"Yes, baby?"

"Can you be gentle tonight?" Emily rarely ever asked for this. JJ kissed her deeply.

"Yes, my dove. Anything you need." She resumed her kisses, no longer leaving hickies on Emily but soft little kisses. "You're so beautiful, Emily, I love you,"

"I love you, JJ." JJ moaned against Emily and ran her hands up Emily's sides. "Please touch me, Jennifer," Emily pleaded.

"Yes, baby." JJ rested on one forearm and massaged Emily's breast with the other hand. "Is this good?"

"Perfect," moaned Emily.

"Can I take your pants off, my love?"

"Yeah," Emily consented. JJ pulled down Emily's pants, kissing up and down her thighs.

"You're so pretty. I love your body, Em." JJ kissed up Emily's thigh for a final time before flicking her eyes up to meet Emily's. "Do you want me to go down on you, my dove?" Emily nodded and breathed heavily. JJ pulled down Emily's underwear and looked up at her one more time. "Yes?"

"Mhm,"

"Be good and quiet for me, okay?" Emily moaned at this instruction, already disobeying.

JJ flicked her tongue over Emily's clit, and Emily's mouth fell open. She didn't moan this time, knowing better. JJ started to make circles with her tongue, and she could hear Emily's high, uneven breathing.

"You're doing good, my dove."

JJ licked Emily's wetness off of her pussy, and Emily whimpered. JJ licked Emily's clit more, not too intensely so she would stay gentle, and her lips joined her tongue around Emily's clit.

"Hmm, Em, you taste perfect,"

"Jay...JJ, can I cum, please, baby?" Emily begged. "Oh, god!"

"Yes, you can cum, baby." JJ slowed her mouth down as Emily fell into her climax. "You can moan, pretty girl, let me hear how much I pleasure you." Emily let herself moan quietly, her back arching and her eyes glued shut.

When Emily's orgasm subsided, JJ pulled her girlfriend's underwear and pants back up. She laid next to her and kissed her neck, running her fingertips over Emily's belly comfortingly.

"How do you feel, sweetheart? Good?"

"Thank you, baby," Emily breathed. She opened her eyes and looked to her left, at JJ. "I'm so glad I have you. I don't know how to live without you, JJ."

That struck something inside of JJ, making her ecstatic. "I love you," she whispered to Emily. She kissed her cheek, putting a smile on Emily's face. "You should sleep, my dove,"

"Let me use the bathroom first,"

"Yeah, sweetheart. Go 'head." Emily smiled back at JJ and went to the bathroom.

On the way back, she checked on Henry, who was asleep, and Molly, who was awake and sobbing, sitting in the fetal position.