chapter seventeen: vanilla

(really short chapter, i'm sorry)

Emily kissed JJ awake, and JJ smiled and moaned before opening her eyes. "Good morning, my fiancée," JJ said. Emily got off her and grinned.

"Good morning. I love you, Jennifer,"

"I love you, Emily. Do you know how much I love you waking me up with kisses, dear?"

"'Dear'?" Emily swooned at the name. "God, I love you, JJ,"

"I'm so happy you said yes," JJ whispered with a voice like sugar. "I feel like the luckiest woman in the world to be engaged to you."

Emily got on top again and kissed JJ, who flipped the two of them over so now she was on top. Emily wrapped her arms around JJ's neck and held their bodies close.

JJ eventually stopped kissing her and just laid on Emily's chest, her legs kind of straddling her for stability and comfort but not sexually. Emily held her and smelled her hair — her shampoo made her smell like vanilla.

"I really, really love you," JJ mumbled, like a tired kid. She'd only just woken up. Emily played with the ends of her hair and kissed the top of her head.

"I really, really, really love you too, baby."

Emily let JJ drift back to sleep, still laying on her. JJ looked so peaceful there. JJ slept for ten more minutes, and she kissed Emily's chest where she laid.

"Mm, love..."

"Hey, sleepyhead," Emily said. JJ could feel Emily's voice's vibrations in her chest. "You comfortable?"

"Mhm," JJ hummed. Emily kissed her head again. "I never wanna leave this bed. I want you to hold me like this always,"

"I'll always hold you, love. We have some time before we need to really get up. I've got you, hon."

The women cuddled and kisses for a while longer, until Emily was the brave one to get up first. JJ whined at the loss of touch, having been so comfortable with Emily cuddling with her.

"Baby, are you cold without me?" Emily asked, her tone teasing but her words sincere. JJ gave her pouty puppy-dog eyes and nodded, clutching the blanket and holding it up to her chin. Emily smiled, which made JJ very happy, and came back over to kiss her fiancée on the forehead. "Of course you are, baby, you're just wearing underwear and a t-shirt, why don't you put on something warmer?"

"Hmm...can you get it for me? I'm so cold..." JJ whined. Emily smiled. She got a sweatshirt and sweatpants for JJ. Emily was already wearing warm clothes, so she just sat on the bed and watched JJ put them on. "You like to watch me, dove?" JJ chuckled sweetly.

"You know it." Emily smirked at JJ, and when she finished putting the clothes on, Emily got up off the bed and caressed JJ's waist over the sweatshirt, dragging her hands back and clasping them behind JJ's back. JJ grasped her own wrist behind Emily's neck, her forearms and elbows on Emily's shoulders.

"Thanks, my dove. How are you this morning?"

"Ecstatic," Emily responded. She and JJ swayed a little bit, just standing there in their bedroom, only them two in the world. "I'm gonna marry the love of my life, and we're gonna have a beautiful life together. Me, my love, and her son, and my little sister. Our little family."

JJ was overjoyed. "Our family," she whispered, looking right in Emily's eyes.

-

They went to make breakfast and found Molly sitting on the couch reading a book. "Morning!" she greeted. "How are you?"

"Mol, how long have you been up, honey?" JJ asked.

"Only, uh..." She looked at the clock. "Like, a half-hour. Why? How 'bout you?"

"Uh, not long," Emily said. "Honey, you hungry? You want eggs for breakfast? Eggs and toast?"

"Sure."