Coiling Beneath the Veil - Darkstache

Getting a feel for a possible Serial Killer AU !! This is just practice ;)

The basic jist is that both Dark and Wil are serial killers with a long history of killing, and when they lay eyes on each other, they decide they want the other to be their next victim. I teased the synopsis on my Instagram ;)

The scene I'm writing here would be the climax of the story. Hope you enjoy!

————

TW: Cutting/Implied Suicide, Violence, Blood & Gore, Choking

————

He looked beautiful like that.

My hands, wrapped tight around his throat. The strain of muscle and the pulse of his heartbeat against my fingers.

I never quite enjoyed strangling my victims. It felt too personal, too messy, too... reckless. It was more of Wilford's thing, but now that I used his own tactic on him, I understood the appeal.

Wil's hands grasped my arms, nails digging in tight. We grappled there on the floor as his life slowly ebbed from him—the light in his eyes fading as his face grew with color. Funny, how the body blossomed with such color before it died. Like the soul tried compensating for its eventual departure.

I squeezed harder—relished the cracked gasp from Wilford's lips—and managed a smile. As intoxicating as killing was, it was tiring. My chest heaved from the effort, body straining, heart pounding. And Wilford wasn't giving anytime soon. The more he struggled, the harder it was to contain him, and so was my energy.

He knew that.

Opportunity glimmered in Wilford's eyes—a flash of evil under the panic—and with a grunt, his entire body shifted. His feet planted on my stomach, and then pushed.

The air left my lungs, and I flew back into the hardwood floor with a groan. I didn't have a chance to recover. Weight flung over me. Hands gripped my hair, my wrist.

In seconds, my body was pinned to the floor, stomach first.

Wilford panted hard over me, his breaths ragged. His knee dug deep into the swan of my back, and I hissed, struggling. Wil grabbed a fistful of my hair and bashed my head into the floor, keeping it down. Pain swelled in my head like fire.

"You really—" panted Wilford, "thought you could kill me?"

I grasped at the floor, scrambling to gain purchase. Wil grabbed my wrist with his other hand. Tugged it back and pinned it under his knee. My arm strained under the pressure, and I seethed.

"This isn't—over," I managed out, struggling.

Wilford leaned his weight into me, and I winced, pain swelling my body.

"You forget all the assets I have," hissed Wil, "back at the precinct." He yanked my hair back, and I grit my teeth, neck straining. Wil's breath ghosted over the side of my face.

"Who do you think they're going to trust?" he breathed, voice low in my ear. I shivered. "A cop, who's had the trust of the office for years—" His smirk sounded through his voice. "—or a nobody, who just dropped dead?"

I bared my teeth, panting hard. The heat of Wil's body over mine was suffocating—his weight making my body go numb.

His moustache brushed against the side of my neck, breaths making my skin tingle.