Late-Night Troubles - Dark x Host

OLD WRITING

Okay, so this ship is kinda interesting to me but i don't really know how to write it in an interesting waywish me luck and sorry for any cringe/OOC-ness 😂

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Dark lay in his chambers, sitting at the edge of his midnight-colored bed with his elbows on his knees.

How would he react. . .? I don't even know if he. . .

He shook his head, harshly running a hand through his raven hair and messing it up further. The room was dimly highlighted by candlelight, the flames flickering against the dark interior of his room.

There's no way I'm even thinking about this! The demon groaned, running his hands over his face and falling against the bed, looking up at the ceiling. I'm only. . . His brows furrowed, a heavy sigh leaving his lips. What? I'm only, what?

He sighed, closing his eyes and trying to relax. I should just go to sleep. Maybe in the morning I'll finally quit thinking such nonsense.

Dark slowly stood, undoing his tie and draping it over his dresser, lazily shedding himself of his jacket. As he set it next to his tie, he paused, staring for a while. I should tell him.

What? No! This has to be-- it just has to be--

The demon groaned, hands twitching as his anger with himself grew. He looked into the mirror before him, taking in his troubled features.

"I don't want him to hate me," he breathed as he stared at his reflection, feeling a pang in his chest. Something that had happened more frequently now that he had taken notice of his. . . feelings towards a certain ego.

This couldn't be happening. Darkiplier-- caring about how someone felt about him? Now this was new.

Tired of arguing with himself, he put his jacket back on, not even bothering to button it up. He left his room, glancing around the dark hallway that housed the other egos' rooms. The demon quietly shut his door, slowly making his way down a separate hallway and making sure he wouldn't wake anyone.

This hall led to The Host's room-- the ego preferred solitude and his distance from everyone else. It stretched on for a while, and at the end, there lay a blank door. The demon felt the rhythm in his chest quicken as he approached the door, hearing a soft, desultory voice from the other side. He swallowed, shaking his head to keep himself in check, noticing his breaths had quickened.

You're supposed to be strong, he scolded himself, running a hand through his hair. He stood before the door, raising his hand and going to knock. There seemed to be an invisibile force that held him back, and he stayed there, feeling like an idiot.

Just knock! he yelled at himself, in disbelief with himself. He clenched his jaw. Shit, I don't even know what to say. . .

The rambling voice had thinned, and the door suddenly swung open, leaving Dark standing there with wide eyes, his hand raised as if he were to knock. A heat spread across the demon's features.

"I--Host--" Why am I stuttering?!

"Dark, (he said, taking account of the other's presence)," he added under his breath. "Why are you here?"

The demon hesitated, the rhythm in his chest quickening even further. "I--"

"(The Host watches as Dark falters, the rhythm he so refers to-- his heart of which he knew not of-- palpating vigorously. The demon displays inner turmoil)--"