HOAX! | Darkstache Batjokes AU

I've made a lot of fanart for this AU, so I decided to test the waters on actually writing it out. I was unsure on how to approach such an AU with my style. I wanted to keep the original DC character vibes, but with my own twist... I ended up going all freestyle.

Tell me how this goes! I've been debating turning it into an entire fic.

Enjoy <3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬♛▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Edward Manor, full of the spoiled rich, rhythmically thudded to the vulgar beat of the night. In the midst of laughter and bodies, sparkling champagne and jewel-clad wrists, a knock pounded on a room door. The loud music drowned out the noise.

Mark, billionaire Dark Edward's butler, grimaced. He straightened himself, smoothed down his tux with white-gloved hands and knocked again, harder this time.

The door thudded in response, and he stepped back, blinking.

"Master Edwards," he shouted, voice fading against the gold-embroidered surface. "Master Edwards!"

Inside, Dark pressed his latest partner against the door, their bodies locked in a fit of passion. A hand was just prying open his collar when he felt it. Another knock against the door, and a distant shout of his name.

Dark broke the kiss and panted against his partner's mouth, giving a soft groan. A pair of red painted lips grinned beneath a stache.

"Ohh," crooned his partner, blue eyes glinting. "And we were just getting started."

Dark huffed through a smirk, brushing a trail up his partner's neck. Longing pumped through his veins.

"It's probably nothing..." breathed Dark, resting his forehead against the other's.

Another knock thudded at his partner's back, earning a chuckle.

"Just ignore him," he groaned, wrapping his arms around his neck. "Pay attention to me."

"Oh, William," said Dark, sucking in a breath through his teeth, "how can I resist."

He dipped his head, and just as their lips met again, lighting him up inside, Mark's shouting resumed.

"Master Edwards, please!" came his voice, so muffled it was hard to discern the words. He shouted a bit more, then Dark heard something along the lines of bat and signal.

Dark wavered, and he broke the kiss again, lips brushing against Wil's. The man groaned.

"I thought we were ignoring him..." he muttered, hands curling in Dark's hair.

Dark cursed under his breath, and he looked over his shoulder. Outside the glass balcony, he could see it, bright and stark in the night sky.

The bat signal.

William sighed and followed Dark's line of sight, eyes locking onto the beam of light. His heart skipped a beat, and his eyes flicked onto Dark eagerly, looking for his reaction. In the darkness, it was hard to see his face, but he could feel the newfound tenseness of his body against his.

"Crime in Gotham again..." ventured Wil, running a hand down Dark's chest. "Police don't do anything nowadays, do they? They just call the Bat to clean up the streets for them."

"Sorry, Wil," said Dark, clearing his throat. "I have to see what Mark wants."

"What happened to ignoring him?" said Wil, watching Dark carefully. "You scared of the Bat? Worried he'll crash your party?"