Carnal Delicacy - Darkstache

// TW: Blood, Angst //

A look into the writing style of a fanfiction I plan to work on in the near future... This is not necessarily canon, because I intend things to go much more sinister and darker.

Also, this is not our usual Damien, the mayor, in this oneshot. It's Dark, but I feel like the name Damien fits much better for the feel of the story.

◼️ If you like to listen to music while you read, here's a list of songs that match the energy of the oneshot, that I also used to write with: ◼️

Messy Hearts - Moon Ate the Dark ; On the Nature of Daylight - Max Richter; In the Androgynous Dark - Brambles; Charms - Abel Korzeniowski

(Highly recommend you listen to these! ;) )

Hope you enjoy! <3

...

Wood creaked from deep in the woods.

    It was a low, groaning sound—like the bellow of a beast with watchful, hungry eyes.

    William sat in the darkness, grass pricking his bare feet and legs. Crickets chirped and owls hooted around him, and when he looked up at the sky, it felt like the stars were speaking to him.

    Despite the darkness of night—the pitch black forest and the glistening pond before him; and the presence of wild eyes studying him—he didn't feel afraid.

    An odd sense of calm lay over him like a blanket.

    He's reminded of his expeditions in the jungle. Of his memories of sleepless nights spent huddled with his fellow soldiers. Even then the stars would wink down at them through the canopy, and despite the inevitable danger bound to find them, he felt peace.

    The water in the pond rippled, and William returned to his senses. Moonlight glittered over a fish's scales as it jumped out of the pond and splashed back in.

    A door slid open from the mansion behind him.

    William noted the noise, but he didn't move, gazing fondly at the view.

    He thought Damien had gone to bed.

    The door slid back shut, and footsteps padded closer. Grass rustled—a faint perfume of oak and vanilla filled Will's senses—and when he glanced up, Damien was standing there, looking down at him.

    His grey skin glowed in the moonlight, and the blackness of his rustled hair made him look so... heavenly.

    A shame William had found out he was a monster.

    William softly smiled and turned his head back to the view.

    "You're up late," he slurred, breaking through the quiet of the night.

    Damien's black robe rustled as he sat down beside William, their thighs brushing. He followed the colonel's gaze and stared out at the pond.

    "So are you," he said.

    William hummed to himself, finding warmth in Damien's presence despite the fact his skin was always cold.

    "Couldn't sleep?" said William.

    Damien shrugged, eyes falling downcast.

    "Mm..." he muttered. "Not really."

    He paused a moment... shifted... and WIlliam's interest piqued. He could feel the uncertainty bleeding off of Dark—an emotion very unlike him.